Epon AF 101 vs Technity 460

siteseer2

Okay, Epon maybe makes the best driver, IMHO... but having played last season with the Technity 460 and this last couple of months with the AF101, I'm thinking the Technity 460 was a better driver. Better, as in more foregiving, equally as long, better feel (thwacky), sets up better with the deeper face... The cupface technology on the AF101, I like better than the welded faceplate of the 460 (which is clearly visible) as Epon never got the finishing right on the face weld... but overall the Technity is better all around... Am I missing something?? I WANTED to love the AF 101, but I keep going back to the Technity... What technology did they add to the AF 101, that I'm overlooking? 'Cause the 460 keeps finding its way into the bag...

Okay, Epon maybe makes the best driver, IMHO... but having played last season with the Technity 460 and this last couple of months with the AF101, I'm thinking the Technity 460 was a better driver. Better, as in more foregiving, equally as long, better feel (thwacky), sets up better with the deeper face... The cupface technology on the AF101, I like better than the welded faceplate of the 460 (which is clearly visible) as Epon never got the finishing right on the face weld... but overall the Technity is better all around... Am I missing something?? I WANTED to love the AF 101, but I keep going back to the Technity... What technology did they add to the AF 101, that I'm overlooking? 'Cause the 460 keeps finding its way into the bag...

I believe the Technity just fits your eye and your swing. For me and my game, the AF101 was the better driver. Although I liked the deeper face of the Technity, the results and stable feel of the AF101 had me forgetting all about the visual aspect of the Technity.