08 4.6V vs. 09 4.6V

BigEasy

I have not tried the new 4.6VRPM yet but compared to the 2008 model it has lower center of gravity but is designed to be lower spin for max carry and additional run. The head may actually seem more compact and pear shaped than the previous model and biggest change is the face design. The 2008 model used the X Inface design while the new drivers use the 3X Multiface design. What that equals is higher ball speeds, more forgiveness and feel.

Thanks, T. Exactly what I wanted to know.

I'm actually traveling in Asia for two weeks right after Christmas and planning to pick up one of those Yamaha drivers. I'll buy either a 07 460D, a 08 4.6V, or a 09 4.6D. I've checked some websites and looks like I can pick up a 07 460D for very cheap, and a 08 4.6V is significantly cheaper than a 08 4.6V.

Which one should I go? My gut feeling is that the old 460D would be a good choice because it was proven to be a good driver and not much advancement would normally be expected in 1 year newer models? Am I missing something? FYI, I'm looking for low trajectory, low spinning driver. The one I'm looking at are all 9* loft, which is best for me.

What do you guys think?

Thanks, T. Exactly what I wanted to know.

I'm actually traveling in Asia for two weeks right after Christmas and planning to pick up one of those Yamaha drivers. I'll buy either a 07 460D, a 08 4.6V, or a 09 4.6D. I've checked some websites and looks like I can pick up a 07 460D for very cheap, and a 08 4.6V is significantly cheaper than a 08 4.6V.

Which one should I go? My gut feeling is that the old 460D would be a good choice because it was proven to be a good driver and not much advancement would normally be expected in 1 year newer models? Am I missing something? FYI, I'm looking for low trajectory, low spinning driver. The one I'm looking at are all 9* loft, which is best for me.

What do you guys think?

I have the 2009 rpm, 10*, with the stock Rombax 6Y09 stiff shaft. I have played 3-1/2 rounds with it. The head feels very explosive and hollow. I bet ball speed is pretty high. I am changing the shaft though to a Ozik XCON5 as I need some more launch angle. The shape does make it appear as a smaller head, even as low as a 380 however the face height is large. I can tell it is very forgiving. Once I get the new shaft installed, I can comment more.

I have the 2009 rpm, 10*, with the stock Rombax 6Y09 stiff shaft. I have played 3-1/2 rounds with it. The head feels very explosive and hollow. I bet ball speed is pretty high. I am changing the shaft though to a Ozik XCON5 as I need some more launch angle. The shape does make it appear as a smaller head, even as low as a 380 however the face height is large. I can tell it is very forgiving. Once I get the new shaft installed, I can comment more.

Personally I'm playing with a 07 460D with a Rombax X 0507 Regular (the yellow one). Somehow much more forgiving than my Taylormade 580XD with a Rombax Z 0508 (silver / blue).

Edmund

The old 460D is the equivalent of the 4.6D and has a 1.0* closed face and is weighted for a draw. A very forgiving driver. Not quite the same feel as the newer Yamaha&s but was one of the best selling drivers during its release season.