WTB: Titleist 503i and AP2 2iron

double_bogey

looking for some hard to find tour items from titleist. First I would like a Titleist 503i in a 19-21 degree doesn't matter what shaft also doesn't matter if it is new or used. Next I would like a Titleist AP2 2 iron 19 degrees in loft also shaft doesn't matter or if it is new or used. I have cash in hand ready to paypal. Please let me know what you have! Thanks!!

Edited by double_bogey

• 1 year later...
looking for some hard to find tour items from titleist. First I would like a Titleist 503i in a 19-21 degree doesn't matter what shaft also doesn't matter if it is new or used. Next I would like a Titleist AP2 2 iron 19 degrees in loft also shaft doesn't matter or if it is new or used. I have cash in hand ready to paypal. Please let me know what you have! Thanks!!

I have a 503i, and I am going to sell it. It is a rather extraordinary club. It is Ernie Els' old 503i, from back in the day when he was with Titleist. Els gave it away, to an assistant pro at Wentworth. That pro was later looking to get some cash to visit the U.S. and play here. He sold it to me. It has been in my continuous ownership since.

The club is 19 degrees. It has been hit, naturally, but is in mostly pristine conditon. Not a single scratch of any consequence. Els had it fitted with a Rifle of some kind, that I can only presume it was a standard Rifle 7.0 or 7.2. The grip is Els' own Golf Pride that is hugely built up, with about six layers of grip tape (that was the legend with Els -- six tapes) and a sizable rib. I have no other "authentication" proof of this being Els' old 503i, but I was never concerned with collecting Els clubs; I wanted a 503i. I presume that you would want photos, and I would do that for you if you are a serious buyer.

By the way, there were two very minor iterations of the 503i. Titleist made them with an 'old' font 503i, like the font used on 690's, 680's, etc., as well as a newer font, like the font used on the 695's, etc. Based on everything I know (maybe you know better) they are the same club. Michael Sim has one with the newer font in his bag right now.

<a href="http://golf wrx/forums/topic/339891-witb-michael-sim/" target="_blank">http://golf wrx/forums/topic/339891-witb-michael-sim/</a>

(It appears to me that the link I have posted to a picture of Sim's bag will not work as a link. It is automatically corrupted as I try to correct it. You can see Sim's bag in the WITB listing under his name at the site indicated, Pro Players' WITB.)

Edited by CDBSpec