Titleist Japan 10th Anniversary Vokey Set

gocchin

Titlelist Japan introduces its limited edition 10th annivesary Vokey Wedge set. The 10th annivesary wedges are made in Japan for the Japanese market using Bob Vokey's favorite 400 series head. Vokey designed these wedges with 52/10 and 58/10 specs perfect for any lush course in Japan or the world for that matter. Soft cast and spin milled, the 10th Annivesary's are finished in a black nickel with mid gloss.

They are available only as a 52 and 58 set with NS Pro 950GH Stiff (D1 and D3 Swing weight) or DG S200 and X100 (D3 and D5 Swing weight) The 52* is 35.5" and the 58* is 35".

This wedge set will be released in May but are guaranteed to sell out because of their limited numbers. If you want a set you pretty much have to pre order in the pro shop.

vokey10large.jpg

I LOVE the Titleist Vokey 400 head shape with its greater depth in the heel area than the tear-drop shaped 200 Series. (Truth be told, I liked the round 300 Series headshape better than the 200 as well.)

Those two new Japanese Titleist wedges look absolutely great--except for the ten degrees of bounce.

If they were a 52-6 and a 58-4 with one last shot at spin-milled grooves before the USGA's stupid new groove rules, I would have been unable to resist them. Instead, sadly, they are for my style of play a pair of dedicated sand irons without the preferred curved sand iron leading edge.

• 1 month later...

WOW!!!!

Those are 10X better looking than what I thought they were going to look like.

Are you planning on playing them?

Yeah those are prob the sweetest vokeys I've ever seen.