Reviews - Tourstage X-blade GR forged?

Randy

Anyone tried the new Tourstage x-blade GR forged irons? I saw a set today and they look pretty nice. Might be looking to down size a little from the J spec Ping Raptures I am playing now. If you have tried them would appreciate any feedback on feel and forgiveness.

Thanks and Aloha

Randy

Edited by Randy

Anyone tried the new Tourstage x-blade GR forged irons? I saw a set today and they look pretty nice. Might be looking to down size a little from the J spec Ping Raptures I am playing now. If you have tried them would appreciate any feedback on feel and forgiveness.

Thanks and Aloha

Randy

Randy, Tim here- I ended up sampling the C-1s w/out the muscle cut. Feel was great, softer than Mizuno, softer than Epon.

Forgivness was also good. IMO it is right around ping i series like the i10 or the i5s. Heel shots are very sweet and toe shots got less of a thud than the MP57s. Distance on my misses are about avg 10 yard loss.

Good overall club to look down at, but I'm really pleased w/my R7 forged irons.

p.s. did you p/u that sc kombi putter I saw you sampling the other day?

Edited by xchangmanx

Tim,

Thanks for the response. Think I may have to give them a try. One quick question though, do you think they are a little more forgiving than the R7 forged?

Thanks

Randy

P.S. I did not p/u the kombi. Nice looking putter though.

It is hard for me to tell, since i got the NS950s in the r7s. the TS's had DG s200s. I can tell you that I always hit DGs better, so id say the GRs were just as if not, a touch more forgiving than the R7s.

But I suck w/950s I mean really suck, I cannot control the shaft so I'm left w/massive dispersion.

I'm gonna say that the R7s are softer than the TS's, I just gotta get the DGs in them.

Here is an example of what I mean. I hit my Epon AFtours and they have DGs in them, and to me they are two times over more forgiving than the R7s w/NS950s.

Just goes to show that I can only swing one way... and the shaft really makes a difference.