2010 Egg 15

Jerry in China

Finally I got my Egg 15 w/ fubuki, hit 15 balls....

Now I got problem. The distance is too close to my driver.... a good problem to have :D

Anyone tried Egg driver? how does it perform?

great! another fellow egg user is happy with their new toy! with the wood i have absolutely no desire to try their driver as

apparently its not as good as their woods:)

I saw the EGG driver in Bangkok last week, it seems more oriented towards super forgiveness and hitting it straight rather than hitting it long with that unusually short shaft and big head..It looks and feels a bit weird when you waggle it, the length tells you "3wood" but looking down you see the huge mega forgiveness head. Very soft shaft in original spec too. Didnt see the new Egg woods though, only the old version and the new driver.

I would think that the 3 wood will be longer hitting than the driver, the driver is probably not very long at all, but probably super game improvement straight.

Edited by Vegaman

PRGR drivers are very very good. Great pop and crisp feel. Just the egg driver didn't work out as well.

It is very highly rated though for going straight and if your number one priority is in the fairway and don't mind sacrificing some distance, the egg driver will do so.

I hit the spoon as far as the driver though. The spoon is my choice club off the tee now as you can see from my sig.

PRGR drivers are very very good. Great pop and crisp feel. Just the egg driver didn't work out as well.

It is very highly rated though for going straight and if your number one priority is in the fairway and don't mind sacrificing some distance, the egg driver will do so.

I hit the spoon as far as the driver though. The spoon is my choice club off the tee now as you can see from my sig.

Hi Tario.

You are using the new egg spoon and i like to ask the loft and shaft you are using and its length?

My swing is almost the same as yours so like to buy one with similar built.

Thanks

Edited by pca168

if they make a driver that is proportionately as long as their woods are and as forgiving then i think it will sell faster than hotcakes.

True, I actually like the head shape quite a lot, would not mind to try it with a "serious" shaft at 45.5, could be a straight hitting mega bomber. Now when you hold it it feels a bit like an oversized 3 wood or something in between the "usual" clubs in the bag. I never hit it, just waggled it a bit. Of course, if I got one I would probably be 240-250 straight down the fairway on every hole. It would probably help my score a lot, Ha ha ha! But Im too fond of hitting the sometimes "destructive" big dog so Im keeping myself narrowminded and hopeful..Call it pride, stupidity, overconfidence etc etc

The egg spoon is actually smaller than 80% of the 3 woods out on the market today. It is under 150cc in size that makes it even smaller than some pro model compact 3 woods. But this just goes to show how good its design is, that 149cc to be exact is spread out so well with the scooped out back.

The driver if I remember correctly is 430cc but it seems bigger as it's a bit shallower in the back side. I didn't like the feel much and hit the spoon just as long.

I'm playing the egg spoon 15* 42.5" Quadra Fire Express 55 Regular tipped 0.5". 37g grip to bring the swing weight back up as I went 0.5" shorter than standard. Can hit it about 220 yards always straight and in the fairway.

The Quadra is not an option from PRGR as they only offer heavier stiff flex shafts.