RomaRo Ray V Irons

Who here is playing these that can give some feedback on them? I am intrigued by them for an every day gamer iron but was concerned about distance consistency given the undercut cavity, thin face, insert, etc. Beautiful looking irons like all the RomaRos.

I'd like to hear as well. All of their irons look really nice, even that CX-Forged looks good for a GI stick. Don't know about their quality. Would like to know. Didn't you just get some 302's also? Thought you were the one who wanted the Miura 102's, got talked into the 9003's, and ditched them for Epons. Oh well, can't have too many sets.

Yeah I have had 302s for a couple 3 months. I like them an awful lot, performance is stellar and I have been playing great with them, but you know how it is. I am finalizing an order for some "sexy" MBs that are probably too much for me to play every day, but am also looking at picking up a set of "high tech" CBs that could be my play for money set along with the 302s. I don't ho much on the FW woods, drivers, wedges, etc. Putters and irons are my kryptonite. From my polling of people I know that have them, the quality is top notch.

Edited by MoreBeerBetterGolf

• 3 weeks later...

I had my first round with the Vs today, I was very impressed. I hit a lot of greens and have to say the long irons are really good. My gamers were the excellent Onoff forged, tough decision for me but chose the Vs in the end.

I had my first round with the Vs today, I was very impressed. I hit a lot of greens and have to say the long irons are really good. My gamers were the excellent Onoff forged, tough decision for me but chose the Vs in the end.

Didn't you play the Vs when I was there on Sat?

My gamers were the excellent Onoff forged, tough decision for me but chose the Vs in the end.

I'm assuming the OnOff and the V are of similar size?

I'm assuming the OnOff and the V are of similar size?

I thought Vs were slightly smaller with less offset. Since you asked I checked side by side and they are very similar. To me that's why one had to go as they are the same class iron.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing the Ray V....(and also have the epon 302, V-forged 2008 version withe alpha gel).... so when comparing the three, the Ray V's seem to have a more "muted" feel to the club.

How do you compare the overall playability and ease of use compared to the 302s?