RomaRo H irons and the legendary Epon Technica Pro I

wmclarenf1

Hi Wmclaren,

Thanks for the heads up....as though I'm quite sure that mine is a legit one, I'm quite surprised to know that there's a fake Romaro iron out there, since its not a popular brand (at least to "normal" people) and the shape of Ray H is quite complicated to imitate. However, is there any way to tell a fake Romaro iron? maybe from a serial number?

And sorry for my noob, but what is the difference between a conforming & non conforming iron?

Hi Wmclaren,

Thanks for the heads up....as though I'm quite sure that mine is a legit one, I'm quite surprised to know that there's a fake Romaro iron out there, since its not a popular brand (at least to "normal" people) and the shape of Ray H is quite complicated to imitate. However, is there any way to tell a fake Romaro iron? maybe from a serial number?

And sorry for my noob, but what is the difference between a conforming & non conforming iron?

HI,

I'm not an expert a telling fakes so I really cant help there. THe reality is that not all irons that do not come form authroised sources are fakes. Some are stolen off the factory floor. Some of course are fakes and may be cast when they are supposed to be forged. This I am told is the case with the Epon fakes.

As for nonconforming and non-conforming, I think it has to do with the grooves. THe non-conform ones will spin more I think. Some others can chime in here I am sure.

Out of curiousity, I found a Korean site that looked like the official Romaro website, don't know why its not Japanesse site.

http://www.romarogolf.co.kr/products/view.asp?idx=18&Catecode=1269568886

Can't understand the language of course, but they explain something about the star, which the categorized as the tour select iron.

Out of curiousity, I found a Korean site that looked like the official Romaro website, don't know why its not Japanesse site.

http://www.romarogol...code=1269568886

Can't understand the language of course, but they explain something about the star, which the categorized as the tour select iron.

Good find. "Tour Select" hmmm.... I tried google translate but it won't work.

idrive, can you check with your romaro source on this "tour select" star marking?

I know I know I have said it so many times.... I LOVE THE H irons! ONly thing I wil change my view on them is trajectory. They launch lower than the Pro Is.

Guys, send Your Pressed a PM and make him an offer on his H irons!

I fell in LOVE too with the H's very quickly :)

Even with the S200 stock shaft no problem, it performs like the Miura 1957 but a lot more forgiving and has that soft buttery feel that I like.

I remember petethepilot highly recommend this iron in another thread before, I couldn't agree more best iron I have ever used!

• 2 months later...

Long term review...

Honeymoon period is way over. Still loving the H and have Quadra 652i in them right now. PLaying nearly the best golf I have ever played.

The H for me is still a fantastic iron. Just ordered the SX in 48 to bend to 46 to replace the stock PW. Not that there's anything wrong with the stock PW but you know how it is :-) ....