RomaRo 460HX

Has this driver seen a low rate of adoption amongst forum members?

I had it built with an Attas 3 7 TS and hit it at the range today and I can't see why it isn't considered a modern legend unless very few people have used it.

Solid, lively, feel with muted sound, powerful launch, extreme forgiveness, huge carry distance, and outstanding appearance. The shaft is outstanding as well, I was swinging out of my shoes with a big goofy grin on my face and couldn't get a bad result. I don't think I'd change one single thing about this driver combo.

It's a very good driver and honestly Romaro should get more attention than it does as their product line is so well rounded as a few here have found out.

Based on premium component sales, I think Romaro is close to number one in Japan ahead of all other brands.

It has taken a longer adoption rate perhaps outside of Japan but as people like yourself find out... more will join the fray! (^_^)

Hi,

I got my HX460 Black yesterday. I had the choice between the Epon AF 103 and the RomaRo and after going through all the threads and postings here, I decided to give RomaRo a try.

It is shafted with a Mitsubishi KuroKage and although it is quite cold here (about 0* Celsius), I went to the range and hit some balls. And I can fully agree with that what MoreBeerBetterGolf wrote. Also with the review of gocchin. I was a bit nervous, because I was not able to hit the driver before. The German market for JDM is quite small and RomaRo is not really known here.

When I hit the driver, I was really astonished how easy it is to hit this driver. It has a solid sound and a soft feel. But, to be honest, I was really surprised about the ball flight, distance and forgiveness of the driver. Unfortunately I do not have the chance to compare it with a Ryoma, Jbeam or S-Yard.

But, although it is snowing again, I will definitely go to the range today, just to hit the driver.

Cheers

Thorsten

Romaro is in my opinion a very underrated brand. As you may know, I did many testing sessions with Chris on this brand and I loved the Romaro irons over the very popular Epon line of clubs. The driver and woods are just as good! On the driver, I like how it has the high back finish, It makes it look more compact and helps produce a flatter trajectory for me.

Damn you guys!! I think all of you work for TSG and just post all this stuff on here so I'll buy another driver, fw, or set of irons. Every time one of these posts comes up, I'm reflexively reaching for my wallet and heading to the Pro Shop section. Stop it!! lol, well not really, crying is more like it

I'm going to play my first round w it tomorrow. After the results I'd seen the other day I'm really excited.

I know the feeling of interest when someone posts a good review of something. I try a lot of things I never really say much about but the things I do think are special I try to make a note. I want to keep some credibility by not saying everything is great and I'm pretty picky.

I might be the RomaHo before long because they're making a believer out of me. The woods are so solid and dense yet long. Honest to god the tour select fairway is about as close to persimmon as you can get in a fairway metalwood. If you like a loud tink to tell you that you hit it well, stay away from this one.

I called baddmnkey on my way home from hitting the 460HX for the first time I was so impressed. I've hit a ton of drivers in the last 6 months and have really liked the KPX and Covert Tour but this adds another dimension to carry without ballooning with great feel and forgiveness for me.

...Honest to god the tour select fairway is about as close to persimmon as you can get in a fairway metalwood. If you like a loud tink to tell you that you hit it well, stay away from this one.

i wanted to try this but only offering one loft seems odd. how can a company offer a 3w and not at the very least a matching 5w???

I'm going to play my first round w it tomorrow. After the results I'd seen the other day I'm really excited.

I know the feeling of interest when someone posts a good review of something. I try a lot of things I never really say much about but the things I do think are special I try to make a note. I want to keep some credibility by not saying everything is great and I'm pretty picky.

I might be the RomaHo before long because they're making a believer out of me. The woods are so solid and dense yet long. Honest to god the tour select fairway is about as close to persimmon as you can get in a fairway metalwood. If you like a loud tink to tell you that you hit it well, stay away from this one.

I called baddmnkey on my way home from hitting the 460HX for the first time I was so impressed. I've hit a ton of drivers in the last 6 months and have really liked the KPX and Covert Tour but this adds another dimension to carry without ballooning with great feel and forgiveness for me.

So how it go in your round? Romaro is one of my top choice brands now a days:) Loved their irons, but now really getting into the woods.

It actually went really well. Missed a couple right which is unusual for me. It's quite an anti left setup. Was really sore from hitting 300 balls Thursday so it took me a while to get in a groove.

Had an "instant classic" drive on a dogleg right. Guys ahead of us were terrible, like first time ever playing golf bad. We were in a hurry and they said they'd let us play through after #12 but while we were hurrying to putt and finish up they teed off and headed down the fairway.

Of course this pissed us off so we got on the tee box and debated what to do. Since they were below us and only 100 yards out, we teed off over the top of them and just went around them. Probably in poor taste but funny none the less. I had tried to cut the corner of the dogleg with my drive to see if I could get it there and because it was away from those other guys in case I duffed one. I mashed mine and Kyle did too.

Scorecard said 304 from the tees we were on and my ball was on the green somehow and his was 20 yards left in the middle of fairway. There was a bit of tail wind too. Those guys ahead of us were so impressed with our drives they weren't even mad in the slightest, they were actually apologizing to us for being in the way. Couldn't have rolled much at all because the ground was so soft. We got lucky we both hit our best drives of the day and didn't look like idiots.

All day yesterday at family Easter, Kyle was telling everyone how I have Japanese cheater clubs and that's why I whipped him. :)

Edited by MoreBeerBetterGolf

We were in a hurry and they said they'd let us play through after #12 but while we were hurrying to putt and finish up they teed off and headed down the fairway.

Of course this pissed us off so we got on the tee box and debated what to do. Since they were below us and only 100 yards out, we teed off over the top of them and just went around them. Probably in poor taste but funny none the less.

If you were on the putting green of a non Par 3 and a really short Par 4 where one on is possible, there is nothing wrong with them teeing off. In fact they should to keep up with the pace.

And yes, very bad taste for you, or anyone to tee off with anyone just 100 yards in front. What if you skulled your shot and hit them? Even Pros can skull their shots what more you a non-Pro. You violated a major rule in social golf which is safety first. If you had done that to me, we would have had serious words and I would have had the marshals remove you immediately. Very bad taste and nothing much funny at all I'm afraid.

Edited by wmclarenf1

We had been waiting on them for a couple holes and we were putting on a par 3 and they said they were letting us play through, we said thank you we are in a hurry and we appreciated it. No one was ahead of them or behind us on this muni dogtrack, but they teed off anyways on that par 4 and rolled down the fairway in their cart right as we were getting in our cart instead of letting us tee off with them. Earlier in the round they played into our fairway from another fairway while we were about to hit our second shots, and we sat there forever while they hit it 20 yards at a pop down our fairway.

I'm not saying what we did was right but people should have an idea what they are doing on the course before they go out and slow the pace of play, disregard all etiquette, etc. We teed off on the same hole after they did and cut across the dog leg instead of hitting towards them. If I thought there was any legitimate risk of injury or a problem it never would have happened. I didn't explain this as clearly as I should have earlier.

That's fine if you want to be a hardass about it but I don't think you are grasping their lack of etiquette, the type of rinky dink course we were playing, what we did, and how bad these guys really were. It's ok to be bad and to go out and learn but you need to get the hell out of the way when you're carding 140 and guys are waiting on you every hole and no one is in front of you. What we did was simply poor etiquette in response to poor etiquette and posed no more safety risk than teeing off down your fairway with players in the adjoining fairway, probably less. That is why they weren't upset in the slightest when we talked to them.

If this was at a decent course that even had a ranger, and you were that guy, it would never have gotten to this point because I'd have already had the ranger summoned before this even happened. If they'd have called the clubhouse on us for what we did, the clubhouse would have laughed and gave them a rule book so people who expect to play 18 in less than 5 hours can enjoy their facility.

Sorry but you never hit past anyone in front anytime under any circumstances. This hardass rule is a good rule and your explanation is so flawed in so many instances.... But whatever dude, just as long as we are not on the same course which seems a near impossibility to begin with...

Edited by wmclarenf1

Beer -- so you go into what must be a Ft. Knox vault, select a set of clubs from what must be the primo rotation that even the most active collector has ever seen, and then you go out and play "a rinky dink muni dogtrack" of a course...? Really?

Out of town visiting family for Easter. That pretty much sums up where we played.

• 4 weeks later...

The RomaRo HX SUCKS!

It gave me so much more distance that I kept over driving into fairway traps that I could never reach before!

I drove into the water hazard a few times from the sweetest contacts.. Places that i could never had reached wi my old driver...Lost a few golf balls!!!!

Why does it have to be so darn long??????

I will keep using it anyway! :p