WTB: Forged CB

medic170979

I am open to recomendations and offers in regards to forged cavity back irons. I am looking for 2-PW. I've been looking around lately at brands like Miura and some of the rarer TM forged offerings and I'm unable to decide. I'd say my ideal set is a soft forging with a traditional look. I'd also like it be something that I'm not going to see in anyone else's bag. I think you guys know what I mean, a set thats one of those "best kept secret" kind of things. Well like I said, any suggestions on what to buy or any sets you guys have for sale that you'd like to offer would be appreciated.

Eric

[email protected]

Driver: Nike Ti 350cc forged

3-wood: Callaway Big Bertha Warbird original 15 degree

Irons: Titleist 962b 2-PW

Wedges: Titleist Bob Vokey Raw 54 & 60 degree

Puuter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport II

The thought crossed my mind but I have no idea what they look like or what scratch has to offer as far as irons. I do see everyone on here raving about their wedges though. If you have any pics or info drop me a line. (Scratch's website has no pics of their irons yet)

Contact Fairway Fred, he can send you some pix. Another unique set of forged CBs is Traditional Golf in California (Mark Inouye). They have a nice website. His irons look like Miuras to me. Also, there are tons of Japanese issue irons that can be had (for big $$$)...talk to Chris if your goal is to stand out in a 4-some. Trouble is, 99% of average golfers don't have a clue of why those clubs are so special :lol: Anyways, plan on spending $1,200 -1,500 for a set of 8 or 9 irons you don't see everyday.

Thanx for the info....I hear what your saying about the average weekender not truly appreciating the beauty of these clubs, but I know I will. Plus when I get together a few times a year with my ex-teamates from the PSU golf team they'll surely ohh & ahhh!

The thought crossed my mind but I have no idea what they look like or what scratch has to offer as far as irons.  I do see everyone on here raving about their wedges though.  If you have any pics or info drop me a line.  (Scratch's website has no pics of their irons yet)

Eric,

I will send you some pics of our new CBs tomorrow when I get to the shop.

I had been playing MR23 CBs for about 2 years and these proto CBs that I have in my bag now are noticeably better. They look almost the same at address but they are noticeably more forgiving and surprisingly softer. I know nobody will be surprised to hear me rave about our clubs but I had very high expectations for these CBs and have been amazed that they have surpassed them. Aside from the incredibly soft feel the thing I was most impressed with was the ability to work the ball high and low and hit punch shots especially with the short irons. They look like a true blade at address and feel better than any iron I have hit. We really have a winner with these CBs. I cant wait to get them in peoples hands.

We should have our first run of CBs with our S logo in about 2-3 weeks. We will also have sets available of our 2 blade models. Price for fully custom sets is $1250. Project X is a $100 upcharge. Delivery time is about 6 weeks after we get your order. Aftwe we get sets to all our retail accounts we will have about 12 of each set for sale untill we get our second run of heads.

Feel free to email or PM me with any questions.

Thanx for everything guys. I can see my decision is getting harder as far as what to buy, but at least I know it will be and informed one.

• 1 month later...

I picked up a set of x300 fci's which I love, but in true ho fashion (thanks to this site), I'm looking just for z101's 2-pw right now. May have a deal in the works, but will consider all offers. Thanks

Deal is done, Ari at Scratch comes through with a satin set of z101's, I promise to post pics when I get them.