Yamaha rmx tour model cb vs mb

mtex22

Hello,

New to the forum and jdm. Great site you have here!!

I want to try either yamaha rmx cb or mb. Is the forgiveness a huge difference between the two or just subtle. I have read a bunch of posts and cannot get a clear answer. Like many of you I like the looks of the mb but don't want to sacrifice too much forgiveness. I am currently playing epon af tour/302 combo (which I feel is forgiving for a blade) and I am happy but I am curious about the Yamaha's.

Would anyone with experience with the irons say the forgiveness is close to an epon af tour or less like a Miura tourney blade.

Thanks

Mike

Welcome Mike, by following you on the other forum WRX, you should fit right at home here.....You have had some of the nicest domestic irons with shaft setups imaginable and all in mint condition. I can't wait to see what u can do with the JDM stuff.

As for Yamahas I have not tried the 2014 stuff and have only hit the 2013 sparingly.....I have however hit the 2011/2012 tour models and they are very nice irons....However the irons you are hitting are probably just as nice if not nicer ! I am hitting the AF302 in copper and do not feel there is a need to change for performance sake but i change irons up for a different feel or look.

Welcome Mike, by following you on the other forum WRX, you should fit right at home here.....You have had some of the nicest domestic irons with shaft setups imaginable and all in mint condition. I can't wait to see what u can do with the JDM stuff.

As for Yamahas I have not tried the 2014 stuff and have only hit the 2013 sparingly.....I have however hit the 2011/2012 tour models and they are very nice irons....However the irons you are hitting are probably just as nice if not nicer ! I am hitting the AF302 in copper and do not feel there is a need to change for performance sake but i change irons up for a different feel or look.

Thanks man!! I will never go back to retail domestic. I was looking at the bst and wow some really cool stuff for sale. I am happy with the epon's but I have always been partial to Yamaha because that was my favorite brand back in my motorcycling days. Haha. I did game the 2013 Yamaha tour model mb's and loved and wish I did not sell them. I am hoping the 2014's are just as good with decent forgiveness otherwise I will go the cb route which I have read some real nice reviews on. Decisions!!

I echo the welcome, Mike.

I'm now a few weeks into playing the RMX MBs, and am loving them. I did an initial review here in earlier post... Unfortunately I haven't hit the CB to make a direct comparison, but I have hit the Epons and Miuras. I think I can fairly say that the MB would feel less forgiving than the 302s, more like the TBs, but with a little more muscle in a well struck shot. I always preferred the feel of the Miura 301s before. I still think they're the closest I've seen to a blade that gives you CB forgiveness, but mine were wearing out and Miura doesn't make them anymore. (I haven't been particularly thrilled with the new direction Yos**taka seems to be taking their new iron offerings... Others like the design or feel. I don't really like either. )

So... I'd say if you're looking to try something new that is more on the forgiving side, the RMX CB is the one. The MB would fall closer to your TB feel. Both, however, are beauties to my eye. And since I was looking for precision this time around, I went with MB. Only thing. I might experiment with is mixing in my old CBs for the 5 & 6 iron, like it looks like you've done with previous bags too. (Wish Yamaha would offer individual clubs for sale like Miura does...)

Either way, let us know how it works for you.

regards,

Richard

I echo the welcome, Mike.

I'm now a few weeks into playing the RMX MBs, and am loving them. I did an initial review here in earlier post... Unfortunately I haven't hit the CB to make a direct comparison, but I have hit the Epons and Miuras. I think I can fairly say that the MB would feel less forgiving than the 302s, more like the TBs, but with a little more muscle in a well struck shot. I always preferred the feel of the Miura 301s before. I still think they're the closest I've seen to a blade that gives you CB forgiveness, but mine were wearing out and Miura doesn't make them anymore. (I haven't been particularly thrilled with the new direction Yos**taka seems to be taking their new iron offerings... Others like the design or feel. I don't really like either. )

So... I'd say if you're looking to try something new that is more on the forgiving side, the RMX CB is the one. The MB would fall closer to your TB feel. Both, however, are beauties to my eye. And since I was looking for precision this time around, I went with MB. Only thing. I might experiment with is mixing in my old CBs for the 5 & 6 iron, like it looks like you've done with previous bags too. (Wish Yamaha would offer individual clubs for sale like Miura does...)

Either way, let us know how it works for you.

regards,

Richard

Great info Richard thanks! I will prob go the cb route since I have an mb set in the epon af tours. I'm just a big fan of how the mb's look. A little busy but I love the lines. Are you playing modus in them? Is it true te modus is weak to flex? If I am playing Kbs tour stiff is should be playing modus x flex?

Thanks

Mike

I know what you mean about the look of the MB... That's what got me at first sight<g>...

Shaft-wise, I'm unusual in that I go lighter than most with my irons. But Tario is the one to talk to to help you sort that out. He gets to know everybody's preferences and is invaluable with those choices.

Good luck. Look forward to hearing how it goes for you.

best,

Richard