Would appreciate comments on this type fitting:

I have recently learned of a certified fitter in my area who offers a very in depth fitting analysis. He does work on the Pros equipment when they are in town for the "Kemper" - still can't remember the new sponsors name. With my luck he is likely going to tell me that my clubs are all wrong for me. However I have spoken with him and he understands that my main focus is not on new clubs, but on best shaft options for me. I won't completely rule out new clubs, but the results would have to be dramatically different for me to change. Below is a description of the high tech fitting he offers. He is certified with leading companies (KZG,Infinity, Ping, Callaway, Titleist, Taylormade, Cobra, Cleveland, Integra, Fujikura, SK Fiber, Penley, Harrison, UST, Apache, Grafalloy, Gramman, True Temper, Rifle) and is a Class "A" Certified Custom Clubmaker. At this point fine tuning my clubs especially the shafts is my goal. Any thoughts on this type fitting?

The following will explain the processes: The basic analysis consists of a full player interview, an equipment analysis and a swing analysis. The equipment analysis consists of measuring the frequency, Swingweight, length, bounce, loft and lie of all your clubs. The clubs are charted and graphed in order to compare for consistency and establishing a baseline. We then analyze your swing utilizing a sophisticate digital laser reader with a computer that gives us a digital image of the swing path, club-head and ball. We take swing speed and tempo measurements. We also conduct a dynamic length analysis to determine the exact length of club for you. If you do not purchase clubs the cost is $100 and if you do purchase it is reduced to $50. We do have a much more in-depth analysis that costs $175 and is reduced to $100, if clubs are purchased. This analysis takes an additional two hours for a total of three hours. The concept is to eliminate all variables but the one we are analyzing. We again utilize a sophisticate digital laser reader with a computer that gives us a digital image of the swing path, head and ball. On each swing we get to see the exact swing-path, head position at contact, swing speed, ball speed, launch angle, revolutions per minute (RPM) forward and RPM sideways, distance, height and ball path. We begin by having the golfer hit six or seven clubs of different lengths. The clubs are exact in every way except for the length. We are then able to determine which length club performs best for you. The second analysis is to hit six or eight clubs, which are exact in every way except for the frequency (Flex). Each club is just slightly stiffer then the one before it. We are then able to utilize the computer to determine the greatest ball-speed, launch angle and accuracy and distance for a given frequency. This step is followed by using a special shaft which matches your frequency specifications, which has a quick connect, allowing us to connect many different heads to a single shaft. In this way the only variable is the head. We are then able to compare results with different heads on the same shaft. The final step is to place the best performing head onto many different types of shafts, steel, graphite, low kick point, high kick point, light, medium and heavy shafts to compare the results. In all we use over forty different club and shaft combinations in order to determine which head; shaft, frequency and length combination gives you the best performance. This is a very in-depth analysis and is not needed by all golfers, but I assure you, the results are extremely accurate.

Very interesting read !

I think that the price he is asking for the fitting is not too expensive even for the advanced fitting session.

However it would be interesting to know how much once fitted a set is gonna cost you extra compared to a normal off the rack set. Because when clubfitters adjust swingweight it can become costly.

Between the two programs I think you need to take into account your level of play. Especially your swing consistency. The basic program is already very good but the advanced looks even better. With that fitting session I m quite postive that you will have a set that perfectly matches your swing.

Fitting is the best thing you can do for your game, everyone should have it done. My clubs are sort of fitted for me , but not to that extend. I only have lie, grip size and club length fitted. Hopefully the shafts I picked are the one that optimise my swing speed and caracteristics, when demoing them I picked the ones that I felt the most comfortable with.

In summary if your are thinking of buying new clubs thats the way to go.

Good Luck