Shaft phobia

Hardepar

;scatter I'm a relative upstart to the game but down to an 8.5 hc in 5yrs. Although I've ugraded to the mizuno mp-30 irons last year I'm just getting around to the woods. After ordering the Titleist 983k,9.5 deg, 44.5 inch Aldila nv65s shaft, I'm wondering if it's going to be a total noodle. I'm coming off a 44" TM ti bubble 2 that was off the resonance meter stiff ( aprox 290+) It may not be too late to change.

Oh yeah .. I also ordered 2 nv75's for my fairwaywoods but seem much less anxious about this.

I love the nv65s. Give this shaft a chance. It is a very tight shaft...dispersion wise and it can handle a mighty swipe at the ball...trust me. It is the best shaft I have used. My previons shafts were the harrison pro 2.5 in a Callaway Biggest Big and a harrison pro 2.5 titanium in a Tisi and these shafts felt as stiff as a sixteenyear olds..well you know :D . Thank god I found this driver because it puts the harrisons to shame. I am thinking of getting a nv amber...softer tip for my 3 wood. It is 13° to help achieve a higher ball flight. I hope your credit card has a high limit because your going to need it once you see all the goodies on this site. Welcome and i hope you love your driver.

Welcome to the board . It is always good to see another West Coast Canuck find TSG .

Pretty soon we will be running the joint :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will agree with me fellow gutter gang member about your credit card though :( The only club left in my bad from when I joined is my putter and I have already added to the collection to :( :lol: :lol:

Maybe just order one and give it a shot to see how you like it. I have a 105s in a tour issued rescue mid 14° and I feel it is too much for that club and me that is why I have the duffy 13° in the bag. The 75 might work out for you in the fw or you might want to go heavier.

There's nothing worse than having to find a new swing or tempo for what is considered a conservative option (assuming you get it right eventualy). I,m coming off such a plank I don't have any idea what is considered normal.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.... with the technology out there today there shouldn't be allot of guess work but you really need some dedicated personal with a launch monitor. ( not your garden variety salesman). If my ball speed coming off the club was 155 what is a best guess at the club head speed ?