Titleist E-FS??? Is this for real?

scratchman

I saw an interesting driver today, a Titleist E-FS. Is this for real? If anyone has any information regarding this model please respond. I would appreciate any and all knowledge. Thanks

Yea its for real. Their pretty rare from what i have heard. The E-FS strands for Extra - F-ing Straight. Some people who have hit it were also calling it Extra - F-ing Short because it didnt go anywere. I believe Duval played one a while ago.

that is absolutely correct rob - you know your stuff.

you guys are right and the thing goes freaking no where this one would kill titleist..

One of the many tiny production runs that Titleist has done, like the J-FE, etc. Absolutely terrible driver IMO. I've had two different ones, and while it was accurate for its era(its a 290cc head) it went nowhere. Duval used one, and Tiger played one for a a tournament or two 4years ago. He got rid of it because he said he couldn't curve the ball the way he wanted, thats where the Extra F**king Straight nickname comes from.

ive alwyas heard and throught the L-FF was forged face.. maybe not? :-D

Not true. The L-FF name comes from MacGregor actually. What they had its stand for I don't know, but the Let (the) F**ker Fly nickname was always around. Titleist named their driver the LFF decades after MacGregor first used it. When the Titleist version was scheduled to come out, MacGregor threatened lawsuit because of their history with the name, and the fact that the VIP driver at the time had the L-FF name on the face. Titleist then changed it to L-FE. There were rumors following that, that L-FE stood for Large Fade Enhancing, which is the type of head the L-FE is, but again thats not true. It was just a quick change to not confuse people basically.

One of the many tiny production runs that Titleist has done, like the J-FE, etc.  Absolutely terrible driver IMO.  I've had two different ones, and while it was accurate for its era(its a 290cc head) it went nowhere.  Duval used one, and Tiger played one for a a tournament or two 4years ago.  He got rid of it because he said he couldn't curve the ball the way he wanted, thats where the Extra F**king Straight nickname comes from.

Good thing I passed on that one a few weeks ago... I am satisfied with what I play, but to own a unique club was a temptation. I only passed because the guy was pushy and I did not know that much about the club...