tourstage x5000's

after more than a year of contemplating the purchase of these irons, and from recent lack of play and practice,

i decided i needed a friendlier iron than the Z's and mr23's and bit the bullet.

i put the word out and taipanli heard my call...the x5000's are pretty hard to get ahold of...when was the last time you saw a set for sale?

luckily his had my preferred shaft of choice...tfr6.0's.

i finally got some time off from work and are really loving the forgiveness of these beauties!

(of course, when i get back in stroke i'll switch back to my satin Z's... :love: )

a tad more offset and long heel/toe than what i'm used to but they perform better than i expected...

high ball flight and the large cavity is extremely easy on mis**ts...

very soft feel just like all TS irons...not clicky at all.

bottom line...forged TS quality and forgiveness without having to play my cally x14ps shovels (last resort).

x5000backs.jpg

x5000cavity.jpg

x5000face.jpg

thanx DDA![/img]

after more than a year of contemplating the purchase of these irons, and from recent lack of play and practice,

i decided i needed a friendlier iron than the Z's and mr23's and bit the bullet.

i put the word out and taipanli heard my call...the x5000's are pretty hard to get ahold of...when was the last time you saw a set for sale?

luckily his had my preferred shaft of choice...tfr6.0's.

i finally got some time off from work and are really loving the forgiveness of these beauties!

(of course, when i get back in stroke i'll switch back to my satin Z's... :love: )

a tad more offset and long heel/toe than what i'm used to but they perform better than i expected...

high ball flight and the large cavity is extremely easy on mis**ts...

very soft feel just like all TS irons...not clicky at all.

bottom line...forged TS quality and forgiveness without having to play my cally x14ps shovels (last resort).

x5000backs.jpg

x5000cavity.jpg

x5000face.jpg

thanx DDA![/img]

I'm starting to miss them already! :smile1: Even out here I haven't seen a set for sale in ages. Take good care of them - they're only used to shooting pars and birdies! :laugh:

I'm starting to miss them already!  :smile1:   Even out here I haven't seen a set for sale in ages.  Take good care of them - they're only used to shooting pars and birdies!  :laugh:

Hi Taipanli! Long time no see... I'm surprised you let such a classic set go!

I saw a set the other day at Golf Town, but they were asking silly money! I think they're quite a good shop, certainly much better stocked per square foot than many other places.

I'm starting to miss them already!  :smile1:   Even out here I haven't seen a set for sale in ages.  Take good care of them - they're only used to shooting pars and birdies!  :laugh:

I saw a set the other day at Golf Town, but they were asking silly money! I think they're quite a good shop, certainly much better stocked per square foot than many other places.

Hi!

Which one is Golf Town? What price were they asking?

Hi!

Their first outlet I heard of was in Leighton Centre, but they just opened up in Admiralty (Far East Finance Centre) next to the PING shop.

If I remember correctly, they had a typical Hong Kong "HK$1X,000" price tag. :o I didn't bother asking what the "X" was.

Hi!

Their first outlet I heard of was in Leighton Centre, but they just opened up in Admiralty (Far East Finance Centre) next to the PING shop.

If I remember correctly, they had a typical Hong Kong "HK$1X,000" price tag. :o I didn't bother asking what the "X" was.

Typical...

I let go of them because I needed to get rid of all the stuff that was just sitting there and creating clutter. Very happy to start over with only one set for now. Have another set of irons that should be ready this week from Japan...

For club work, I like going to G1 Golf (across from the HV Racetrack). I just seem to get along with them. :smile1: