grip change

kre8ivetl

IMO I think you should really try and work with the neutral to a bit weak of a grip. I used to have a very strong grip and was not consistant at all. Once I made the change I am now able to work the ball with just the slightest movement of my hands through the impact area. Beleive it or not, once I went to a neutral grip I was able to go back to drawing the ball whereas before with the stronger grip, all I could do was cut or duck hook. Also try and look at Ben Hogan's famous book, 5 lessons (the standard by which all other instructional books are measured.) This will show you the proper way to hold the club. Most people grip it in their palms whereas you should be gripping it with the fingers and let the club move away from the palms (aka. Natural Golf) :yuk: The so called V's that are between your thumb and index finger should go as follows, the left hand V should point to your right ear and the right hand V should point to your chin. This is for a neutral grip. If you want to change to a weaker or stronger just move both either towards your left (weaker) or right (stronger). Again my advice first off is to pick up Hogans' book. This will show drawings of what I am talking about. Good luck and stay with the neutral grip, your game will thank you in the long run.

Just have faith in it. Dont give up on the grip. It does take a while to get comfortable with the strange feeling of something different. Try and take a club and grip it every night for about a half an hour. In no time flat you will start feeling more comfortable with this new grip. Once this falls into place, you are one step closer to getting your scores down to where you need to be. Just remember with a good grip, everything else builds from there. Good luck and stick with it, and above all else, be patient.

• 1 month later...