What kind of car do TSGers drive?

picture0188fm.th.jpg

Currently looking for a new car since my territory changed, hoping to pick up a Infiniti G35.

Mustang 5.0 got me thru college, car still runs like a champ. 300ZX is a 1995 with only 41k miles, still a great car after 10 years.

Greg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DoubleAA:

One thing I don't understand. There's these Teens that soup up import cars, you know. They strap on a muffler, supercharge the engine, put body kits on, blah blah blah. Now why do they spend so much cash on these upgrades on a Honda or Eclipse when they can just buy an old muscle car or even a new vette and go much faster. Heck, they can get the vette up to over 200 mph with some minor tune ups.

well it really depends what you consider fast and what they can afford.

most of these kids are in it for the trend. cheap ebay shoppers, buying crap quality products to make their car sound like rattle cans. sure you can buy an old muscle car and make it fast, but also many of these kids don't have the money or patience to restore and work on cars. Majority of the older muscle cars that they can probably afford will need a lot of work. :money:

one good thing about your neighbor, depending on the model of eclipse many where factory turbocharged and even some where awd models. with a few modification you can easily get this car into the mid 11's on the stock block and a trubo and ecu retune. civics... i wont even get into that. imho it's just a money pit.

next time you see their car see if there is a GS-t, GSX or Tsi badging on their cars.

Volvo 2005 S40

Prototype Evolve Body Kit

Heico full exhaust

Heico front eye lids

Evolve rear eye lids

Black Translucent painted tail lights

H&R Springs

Bilstein shocks

Heico front grill

Evolve R5 20" Rims

BFG 225/30/20 tires

DSC05174.sized.jpg

DSC05175.sized.jpg

picture0188fm.th.jpg

Currently looking for a new car since my territory changed, hoping to pick up a Infiniti G35.

Mustang 5.0 got me thru college, car still runs like a champ. 300ZX is a 1995 with only 41k miles, still a great car after 10 years.

Greg

Hey, if you're looking to sell it give me a shout. I don't live very close to you but i've been looking into 300zx's. 41k miles isn't a lot at all, especially for a 95

I just sold my 911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet. Currently driving my 2001 Toyota Sequoia but it will be sold as soon as I get my Black 2006 Toyota FJ Cruiser I have on order.

pitbull808_solo_car.jpg

pitbull808_4_friends_car.jpg

fj.jpg

I LOVE the 2006 FJ! I want one bad, and in black also! When should you you getting it? This fall? TAKE PICS WHEN YOU DO!

Volvo 2005 S40

Prototype Evolve Body Kit

Heico full exhaust

Heico front eye lids

Evolve rear eye lids

Black Translucent painted tail lights

H&R Springs

Bilstein shocks

Heico front grill

Evolve R5 20" Rims

BFG 225/30/20 tires

DSC05174.sized.jpg

DSC05175.sized.jpg

Nice ride. I'm glad you didn't put that $$$ into a Civic, like stated above. You bought a good car, then did something with it.

About those Civics, I dislike those type of people too. The only cars I wouldn't mind getting that done to include

Skyline GTR

Supra

RX7 (RX 8 too)

350 Z

A great car you can really tune, even though american is one of the new GTOs. 350 hp corvette engine, you can work with it.

Cool, i was lookin at some 300zx's for pretty cheap, c'mon thats 300 horses under the hood too

mmm not really

300zx are calleed that because of the motor size it is a 3.0l VG30E or DE.

the z32 300zx 1990-1996 came with the vg30de or vg30dett (tt=twin turbo) the TT version was rate aprox 280hp to the crank meaning its more like 240hp to the ground. on top of that its a pretty heavy dog.

as much as I love nissan's the z32 300zx is one car I will never recommend. the engine compartment is a nightmare. you have pull the motor out if you are going to go something besides change the sparkplugs, oil or fuel filter. trust me it's a major PIA car to own.

I know the number isn't the hp, but I've read somewhere that the 96's at least have 300 horses under the hood. I'm not quite that stupid, but I still may be wrong.

I know the number isn't the hp, but I've read somewhere that the 96's at least have 300 horses under the hood. I'm not quite that stupid, but I still may be wrong.

not in stock form

it's real easy to get 300 rwhp, but like i said earlier, when you do need to work on the car it really is a nightmare. ask any 300zx TT owner

You really can't beat a vette's mean stance or the way it takes sharp corners, no offense.

how about a 10 sec evo VIII?

how about a 1500wrhp street legal single turbo supra with full interior?

how about a twin turbo Viper?

:laugh: :money: :surprize:

obiviously it's a lot more work then 10k.

just some of our shop project race cars at a place i work P.T. :cool:

Don't get Flowmasters on a Vette. They are great on SUV's, trucks, other cars, but if you are gonna have the vette go for Borla's. IMO a much better exhaust system on that car. I have flows on my 2004 F-150 and they are great, but not on a vette.

Alright. I though flows were for sports cars as well, but I'm sure you are right, I see em on alot of suvs. I check into the Borlas. They look nice, I also saw their add in Road and Track.

One thing I don't understand. There's these Teens that soup up import cars, you know. They strap on a muffler, supercharge the engine, put body kits on, blah blah blah. Now why do they spend so much cash on these upgrades on a Honda or Eclipse when they can just buy an old muscle car or even a new vette and go much faster. Heck, they can get the vette up to over 200 mph with some minor tune ups.

There is a way to do it right and there is a way to do it wrong!

I have seen both!

The good is a Toyota Supra with all the goodies.

body.jpg

The bad, Honda Civic with big ol coffee can chopped up and put on as a muffler, this is just a step up from putting a Lawnmower engine on a Radio Flyer

901_hero.jpg

Personnaly, I really dig any car that looks good and moves quick.

Tuners, Rods, Customs!

Like'em all.

cool06.gif

cool010.gif

character01.gif

The good is a Toyota Supra with all the goodies.

body.jpg

Yes, the supra is nice. But, all cars from the fast and the furious (which that supra is) and 2 fast 2 furious were stock engines to cut down on the cost of making the film so everyone else can get paid more. In each movie, 4 or 5 different cars were used that resembled the car you have posted. In 2 Fast, 2 Furious, the Skyline GTR had 4 identical copies.

our shop built some 2jz motors for that stupid ass movie which gave us no credit for the work we did.

Did they rebuild the motors? I read in one of the picture books from the movie that all the cars were stock. In 2 fast, the supra had a visible engine, which was really a picture of a tuned up engine, that's on the DVD.

As you can tell - I'm a died-in-the-wool BMW fan, ever since driving and living in Germany in the late 80's. This is "Helmut", my 2001 BMW 330Ci.

BMW_330Ci_Side_02.jpg

I got Helmut after totalling "Franz", my 1988 325is.

smallBMW325is_Side_01.jpg

our shop built some 2jz motors for that stupid ass movie which gave us no credit for the work we did.

Did they rebuild the motors? I read in one of the picture books from the movie that all the cars were stock. In 2 fast, the supra had a visible engine, which was really a picture of a tuned up engine, that's on the DVD.

the chrome/polished pimped out one was the one that was built iirc. it was probably all stock internal's since stock 2JZ can make 600whp all day long on that. :cool:

I would take a new vette over any civic in a second don't get me wrong but the Civic folks deserve their props for turning a tiny project car into one of the fastest most fun cars to race as a hobby. I have seen them run 10's on the 1/4 mile with OEM Block Castings, OEM Heads, OEM Cams & OEM Intake manifolds not to mention 4cyl short of a V8 and  the wrong wheel drive. IMO That is amazing!

Its true. Civics may plague the high schools but the true tuners know what they're doing. They're the ones we can thank for cars like this:

Ariel Atom 2

auto_express_2_big.jpg

One of the fastest street legal cars in production today, and by far the cheapest. Here is track times vs cost from a well known Euro car show called Top Gear.

power_laps.gif

Its a Civic Type R engine supercharged and thrown together with a chassis and only the essentials. It puts out 300+ hp and does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. They raced it around a street track and it beat a Honda CBR 600 RR by almost 4 seconds.

Here is a 9 min extract from the Top Gear series if you're interested in taking a peak.

http://www.openwheelers.com.au/videos/Top_...ull_segment.mpg

Chris

Ariel Atom 2

auto_express_2_big.jpg

Good car, but it goes fast due to it's size, it's like that Susuki Hyabusa crotch rocket. That bike has an engine with the same power as a honda civic, but since it weights so little, it can reach speeds over 200 MPH, making it the fastest production bike in the world.

Imagine this. Take that clown car out on the road. You stop at a red light behind an 18 wheeler. Then another 18 wheeler comes up from behind you, fails to stop (brake malfunction, or the driver was high as a kite), and CRUNCH!!! Next thing you know, they're pickin' up your pieces in the street.

Imagine this. Take that clown car out on the road. You stop at a red light behind an 18 wheeler. Then another 18 wheeler comes up from behind you, fails to stop (brake malfunction, or the driver was high as a kite), and CRUNCH!!! Next thing you know, they're pickin' up your pieces in the street.

You could be in a vovlo and you'll still be picking up the pieces.

:confused:

I can think of many "sports cars" where I'd actually want to get in a wreck.