Fake Epon 502s floating around..

Spoon

Guys i friend of mine emailed me some Fake epon 502 irons, i confirmed that they are counterfeit.

stuff like this comes up once in awhile in ebay and other online sites. this is a better copy of the

epon wedges that were being sold in the bay some time ago. to the untrained eye they look authentic

but upon closer inspection the tell tale signs are:

1. the font of the sole are wrong, too deep, dark and bold.

2. the face of the cavity has a slightly different font albeit slightly

3. cavity has a different finish, smooth as opposed to slight metallic paint with specs.

3. cavity cut outs are slighly more angled and countoured.

even the shafts are fake! if in doubt about authenticity contact the guys at tsg or your epon reps.

remember if its too sweet a deal, and price is too low then its probably fake

8-11007.jpg

8-11008.jpg

8-11009.jpg

8-11011.jpg

8-11012-1.jpg

C, you almost have to post a side by side pictures and identify suspected area in order to tell which is which.

Goodness... I didn't know Epon was that well known to be counterfeited.

thats what i thought as well but they have beein making fakes ive seen the wedges, now the 502s.

oh well i guess if there is a market they will make it even if its not so mainstream.

Some Nippon shafts recently actually say made in Japan.

For those who have seen the 502 they will notice that the cavity of that fake is very rough and sharp (edges).

However for those unfamiliar, they could easily be cheated.

Counterfeits are getting worse and worse.

A customer emailed me yesterday saying he could get a full set of Maruman Majesty Gold clubs from some online shop in China for nearly half the price of a single Majesty driver in Japan...

I just told him to read my post about counterfeits....

Thats scary , I feel for those who got cheated.

I swear there was a set on ebay very recently.

Having had a set of 502's.. those are not even good fakes.

Never more true than with golf clubs... if it seems to good to be true... it most certainly is just that.

I really don't like counterfeiters. Such a feeling of being violated....

I've been turned into ebay so many times for PMing people telling them to pull their counterfeits

and not just golf clubs.

Im no Epon expert but yup thats not a good copy. But there are really good ones around like the AP2s a couple of years ago so i hate to think what these counterfeiters can do in the near future in terms of JDM products.

these fakes have a CNC milled cavity versus a forged pressed cavity direct from the original tooling.

Endo doesn't CNC mill the design of the back cavity.

• 5 weeks later...

was in the market for a while now for a set of decent used Epon (502, 302). After reading this post, realiszd that there indeed fake Epons around.

Came across this guy in Ebay knowingly and blatantly selling counterfeits. When confronted, he said sorry and refunded the purchase (but carry on selling fakes). He seems to specialize his trade in 502s, but he sells other counterfeits too.

Seller info : mathew7-12 ( 145) 100% Positive feedback. Item location: Dallas, TX, United States

April - mint condition AF 502 3-PW heads only sold $675

August - mint condition AF 502 4-PW heads only was sold for $575

August - mint condition AF-502 4-PW with Penley shaft (wow !) sold for $761

I'm a long time follower of Tourspec but created a new account for fear of retribution.

all, look after your hard earned cash ! even fakes are sold for good money - too cheap to be true no longer apply.

post-14761-073969000 1315969777.jpg

post-14761-011847800 1315969797.jpg

post-14761-075253200 1315969812.jpg

post-14761-081267700 1315969823.jpg

post-14761-083430700 1315969857.jpg

post-14761-046397100 1315969875.jpg

Wow....

So glad I know my Epon Dealer!

But I have to admit I once bought some Callaway Iron off another forum, many years ago.... These too turned out to be fake, but they had to be sent back to Callaway to be checked as they where that good!.... They even played ok too!!

D

• 4 weeks later...

was in the market for a while now for a set of decent used Epon (502, 302). After reading this post, realiszd that there indeed fake Epons around.

Came across this guy in Ebay knowingly and blatantly selling counterfeits. When confronted, he said sorry and refunded the purchase (but carry on selling fakes). He seems to specialize his trade in 502s, but he sells other counterfeits too.

Seller info : mathew7-12 ( 145) 100% Positive feedback. Item location: Dallas, TX, United States

April - mint condition AF 502 3-PW heads only sold $675

August - mint condition AF 502 4-PW heads only was sold for $575

August - mint condition AF-502 4-PW with Penley shaft (wow !) sold for $761

I'm a long time follower of Tourspec but created a new account for fear of retribution.

all, look after your hard earned cash ! even fakes are sold for good money - too cheap to be true no longer apply.

These look fake to me as well...unsure if its the same seller (this guy out of Australia), but who's dumb enough to bid on clubs and pay $899.00 to some guy who's got a 50% positive approval rating and where the world (except this guy) is aware that theyre fakes all over Ebay. AND one of the negative responses states that he believes his clubs were from China!

I actually feel sorry for the guy, unless of course theyre real(??)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EPON-Japan-Forged-Af-502-iron-4-p-4-9-p-/170702801897?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item27beae0be9

Edited by swisstrader

• 2 weeks later...

hello all, I am beginning my hunt for a used set of 501s. Does anyone know if that line has been knocked off? Are the 502s the first of the Epons that are being counterfeited?

Any club is susceptible to being counterfeited.