Endo forged irons

sandee11

8 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

2011 thread here, haha.

Endo has lost it's Mojo and most of it's golf customers.

Endo Japan no longer forges.  Much of that staff has moved on.

Endo thailand services their golf division.

---

So in a nutshell here is what happened.

- long time ago most quality drivers were forged body and forged faces.

- china comes along and produces cast bodies for cheaper - endo loses customers.  ** The world is still not aware drivers used to have forged bodies,  no one told the industry during the change from forged to cast bodies. **  Ryoma is only forged body FYI.

- then adjustability comes along,  endo stays purist due to 9-12g extra weight near the hosel and does not go along with this trend - more customers move to china.  I agree,  still to this day adjustable hosels are not a good design traight.

- endo japan golf div closes and moves rest to thailand while laying off many staff - some my friends.

- endo's original founder is canned,  son in law to founder of factory.  too much hanky panky.

- epon is now run by people who were not there from the beginning.  they clock in and out.  brand loses soul imo.  they don't remember TSG created their model names and logo and brought them out in 2005/2006.

- China has really stepped up it's game and can match Endo forgings ( almost ).

Now OTA and FuShen are tops as far as size goes.  Tier 2 factories are just surviving.

such great information 

• 1 year later...
On 2/18/2020 at 12:04 PM, TourSpecGolfer said:

Endo Japan no longer forges

When did endo stop forging in Japan? I would like to get some Japanese endo forged irons but don't know where to start.

Edited by justin1287