Epon 302 vs Onoff forged

vjhonny

1. im using mizuno mp52 and looking for an upgrade to either Epon 302 or Onoff forged.

2. can anyone recommend the better one and diff between those set? how about the offset etc?

3. i travel alot between singapore and jakarta, any golf shop that sell epon or onoff?

4. wheres the best clubfitting place in singapore or jakarta?

tks

Welcome to TSG,

What year Onoff forged are you looking at? The 2014 CB358 is the most compact version released to date with less offset than the AF302 and smaller head size.

Previous versions of the Onoff forged are a little bigger than the AF302, they have a little more offset and are more forgiving yet still provide excellent feedback & feel.

The AF302 is a classic, It's a bit dated so expect it's replacement in a year or so. It's a Kenji Kobayashi design, which is why it shares the same head as the S-Yard GT-S Forged iron. excellent iron all around but imo over priced.

Do keep in mind that they are both made of the same material S20C and at the same factory, Endo. The previous versions of the onoff forged feature internal weighting in the head for extra added forgiveness. I don't believe the new one has that.

None of this really matters much unless you tell us about what your looking for in an iron. If you don't it's hard to help as people will just tell you what they like and as we all know no two swings are the same.

i havent hit the On/Offs but i have a 3 and 4 iron in the af302s and in general i am not a huge fan of them. the af302s for me seem to have more offset than my AF tours and i am not crazy about the sole either (wider). as chris said the new on/offs are more compact which is something that appeals to me in general and specifically in a CB set. if i were actually in the market for a new set ( i have 2 af tour sets so unfortunately i am not) i would go On/Off 2014 and PERHAPS Yamaha CB Tour.

Welcome to TSG,

What year Onoff forged are you looking at? The 2014 CB358 is the most compact version released to date with less offset than the AF302 and smaller head size.

Previous versions of the Onoff forged are a little bigger than the AF302, they have a little more offset and are more forgiving yet still provide excellent feedback & feel.

The AF302 is a classic, It's a bit dated so expect it's replacement in a year or so. It's a Kenji Kobayashi design, which is why it shares the same head as the S-Yard GT-S Forged iron. excellent iron all around but imo over priced.

Do keep in mind that they are both made of the same material S20C and at the same factory, Endo. The previous versions of the onoff forged feature internal weighting in the head for extra added forgiveness. I don't believe the new one has that.

None of this really matters much unless you tell us about what your looking for in an iron. If you don't it's hard to help as people will just tell you what they like and as we all know no two swings are the same.

I'm looking for iron to replace my MP52, i'm quite happy with it, but is ONOFF forged better than MP52? more forgiving and workability?

Secondly, have you tried the ONOFF CB358? how is it compared to 2013 forged?

Do you know where i can find that CB358 in SIngapore?

i havent hit the On/Offs but i have a 3 and 4 iron in the af302s and in general i am not a huge fan of them. the af302s for me seem to have more offset than my AF tours and i am not crazy about the sole either (wider). as chris said the new on/offs are more compact which is something that appeals to me in general and specifically in a CB set. if i were actually in the market for a new set ( i have 2 af tour sets so unfortunately i am not) i would go On/Off 2014 and PERHAPS Yamaha CB Tour.

thanks for your input.

I have both of these. Onoff Forged larger and more forgiving. Feel is similar but when both pured, the 302s are softer. Onoff's are stronger lofts. Two of the best irons ever in my opinion. Can't go wrong. I'd base your decision on forgiveness.

I'm looking for iron to replace my MP52, i'm quite happy with it, but is ONOFF forged better than MP52? more forgiving and workability?

Secondly, have you tried the ONOFF CB358? how is it compared to 2013 forged?

Do you know where i can find that CB358 in SIngapore?

Thank you, I received your PM and responded.

I wouldn't say either forging is better than the other, just different.

Not many have tried the CB358 because it is literally just released.

Singapore won't be getting any sets as Japan won't even have it's fill on these.

1. im using mizuno mp52 and looking for an upgrade to either Epon 302 or Onoff forged.

2. can anyone recommend the better one and diff between those set? how about the offset etc?

3. i travel alot between singapore and jakarta, any golf shop that sell epon or onoff?

4. wheres the best clubfitting place in singapore or jakarta?

tks

I know you are looking for those 2 models, Why not just get the Yamaha MB Chris is selling right now? I think they are quiet forgiving... Just saying.

I know you are looking for those 2 models, Why not just get the Yamaha MB Chris is selling right now? I think they are quiet forgiving... Just saying.

Ah those are sold, gotta update that!

But from OnOff forged to the Yammy MB IMO that's drastic.

thanks for your comments guys, but i think i prefer ONOFF CB358, but currently i'm considering the right shaft.

I've been using NSPRO 950GH R flex with my Mizuno MP52.

Chris recommend me to get Roddio I9 for CB358, but should i get R or S flex? which one is more similar to my old shaft?