Buchi 2014 Global Forged CB

In Japan it's called the MT-202 iron, were gonna keep it simple and just call it the Buchi Forged CB.

It is a global edition that we designed to be able to stock because Buchi is primarily custom hand made to order and sometimes takes forever.

It's been a while to get the shape right but we now know surely that this new grind performs well in a variety of conditions just like the new wedge does.

While these are not in stock "yet" and they are currently being produced you can opt to wait longer to order them "custom grind" for practically the same price.

or custom finish, Micro face milling and illegal grooves are options too. It just takes time.

enjoy the pics.

I'll post the blades tomorrow.

XF5A15081-900x600.jpg

XF5A17091-900x600.jpg

XF5A16441-900x600.jpg

XF5A17191-900x600.jpg

XF5A17051-900x600.jpg

XF5A15121-900x600.jpg

C, I'm was going to ask you if there'll be the global edition for irons sets and saw this forum just before I type down this question haha.

nice looking irons chris. i forgot...what is the price structure on these?

4-PW should run around $1500 shafted with the basics.

Back Cavity is CNC, grooves are pressed.

And this price is similar to the price of custom as well?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry we had to send the samples back quickly and we didn't get the PW.

These are available now for "special" order. The first global run of wedges & irons have already sold out :(

We have to order these as custom until Tabuchi-san catches up.

We also produced 2 limited 4 wedge sets 50/54/58/62 that are currently under production. 1 has already sold.

Similar design to my Crazy Dot ... tho more cavity and more good-looking!

Sorry we had to send the samples back quickly and we didn't get the PW.

These are available now for "special" order. The first global run of wedges & irons have already sold out :(

We have to order these as custom until Tabuchi-san catches up.

We also produced 2 limited 4 wedge sets 50/54/58/62 that are currently under production. 1 has already sold.

Oh Rat Farts!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have an open spot for irons and these may just fit the bill. I love how there is very little offset in these. Not sure you have hit them, but can you speak towards forgivness or lack thereof?

I have an open spot for irons and these may just fit the bill. I love how there is very little offset in these. Not sure you have hit them, but can you speak towards forgivness or lack thereof?

Hi Kekoa, nice avatar btw.

The global model is pretty forgiving. I would say more forgiving than the CB1007 and a little less than the AF302. It's size also fits in between those two.

A little bit of offset & thick enough top line does wonders for forgiveness, We also noticed the perimeter weighting on this iron really works well making impact feel good on the edges.

These take so long I would still suggest ordering custom.

the trouble with reviewing custom versions is that each one is slightly different in options, for example I've had zero offset vs offset, square toe vs rounded, thick top line vs thin.

Having hit all that I personally would go for minimal (not zero) offset, thicker top line ala ONOFF CB358 and square toe for looks but rounded for performance.

It's can be a very forgiving CB depending on what you choose.

Would it's top line be similar to the Mizuno MP-59 or Cleveland 588 CB's? Although the Mizuno is not a true blade, I got blade "vibes" from it. As far as the 588's go, I've hit those the best in my fitting session vs. the 588 MB, but not by much. For me, the 59's top line was bearable, but blades or blade-like heads give me the most confidence.