iron shaft test....

supo

Have you hit them? If so, how do they fell, ball trajectory, etc.

No i prefer good ole steel. I know there are many reviews on other forums. From what i have heard they are on par with Recoils, if not better. Very tight / straight hitting shaft. A few friends have swapped over from recoils and love them, they say they have a c taper feel to them. wish i could tell you more..

No i prefer good ole steel. I know there are many reviews on other forums. From what i have heard they are on par with Recoils, if not better. Very tight / straight hitting shaft. A few friends have swapped over from recoils and love them, they say they have a c taper feel to them. wish i could tell you more..

Thanks, that helps. I may have to try these and the steelfibers.

Just wanted to chime in on the MCI's.

For me they were and are the real deal. I found the dispersion to be tighter than steel and much more responsive. I went to them because I'm mid 40's now and wanted to smooth out the swing some. I used to use KBS tour 6.5 and just wanted something that I could put a smoother swing on. What I loved about them was the higher soaring ball flight without any ballooning whatsoever.

My MCI's are 100x and they're in Tourstage 909 X-blades. I had also put them in my wedges but subsequently took them out after several months. Put the KBS steel back in the wedges. I think the 100's are too light for me when it comes to a wedge; however, I recently bought some MCI 120's which are on the way shortly and I'm going to build a couple wedges with those. I'm anticipating that going heavier will be better.

When I think about going back to steel in the regular irons I don't think I would. I really like the MCI's for myself. If one is considering them and they swing aggressively I would take Stew's recommendation and hardstep them.

I've been experimenting with a set of MCI 120 S 8iron shafts in a set of wedges and they've made my Marus the most accurate wedges I've EVER played. However, if my swing is even just a tad aggressive (I try not to use full swings with scoring irons) these also become the spiniest shafts I've ever played. Ball flight is a touch high but it's hard to get too picky with this level of accuracy.

Edited by chiromikey

Thanks Stew..great information.