JDM iron set for the same length shaft

laudney

I've been following Bryson DeChambeau for a while. I wonder whether any Japanese manufacturer produces, or ever produced, a set of iron club heads with the same weight, lie angle and bounce? If so I may have a go at the same-length shaft experiment.

Thanks.

hmmmmmm.....i think PXG might be able to get close if all those screws on the face are interchangeable weights. The MOIs would be different though......maybe even a 1/4" diff would be better than zero diff between irons

hmmmm a 37.5" SW and swing weight of only c8......thats gotta be different, i think the major difference is the short irons....not too hard to swing 37.5" 5 iron considering japanese spec is 37.75" I think i would have no problem with swinging the 9/8/7/6/5/4 at 37.5"

Edited by robbie

Why not instead try 3/8 increments instead of 1/2... It works well for many

I'll have a look at MOI matching. Your posts on the topic are very informative. Thanks.

hmmmmmm.....i think PXG might be able to get close if all those screws on the face are interchangeable weights. The MOIs would be different though......maybe even a 1/4" diff would be better than zero diff between irons

hmmmm a 37.5" SW and swing weight of only c8......thats gotta be different, i think the major difference is the short irons....not too hard to swing 37.5" 5 iron considering japanese spec is 37.75" I think i would have no problem with swinging the 9/8/7/6/5/4 at 37.5"

I also thought about using screws in PXG irons to achieve the same head weight. Each screw is 6g. There is 6-7g typical weight difference between iron club heads. So one should add 2 extra screws to the 5 iron to match the 7 iron in weight... etc etc..

It might work...