Crazy Black Iron 02 and Crazy wedge shafts - A review

Ian-500

I couldn't find any reviews for these before I bought them, so I was hoping that there'll be a good fit as I pressed the bid now button. We all have the same problem when buying from Japan I assume. Anyway, I only received these irons and wedges yesterday so bare that in mind.
Took them out for a spin at a range and then on to a longish pitch 'n' putt course today.

Iron shafts. Tested them against a set of Attas 7 iron shafts. Here are my findings;

At the range it was difficult to gauge distances between them, but even with range balls I could 'feel' the difference. The Attas/Yamaha 2012 combo felt wonderfully dense soft. One of the best I've tried. The Crazies were somewhat crisper and a little clicky, but they are shafted with an older cast head with undercut, so I must reserve judgement until I get them installed in some forged heads.
On the course I think the difference in feel was even more pronounced using Srixon Soft Feel balls. Ball flight was a touch lower with Crazy, dispersion was similar even with the slightly more offset cast head (I could make rebar go in any direction by the way....) but another big difference was distance where the Attas came out longest. Not that I'm after anymore distance but, 10 yards separated each 9i and possible a little more with each 7i (37" and 398g vs 37 1/4" and 418g and both). I had a Grindworks CB1/Matrix MFS combo 7i (36 3/4" and 435g) with me and that was level in distance with the Crazy but too felt softer, so maybe it was just down to lighter weight/higher swing speed with the Attas...? 

DSC_0226.JPG

DSC_0228.JPG

Maybe, but I can't wait to install them in these heads.

DSC_0227.JPG

Wedge shafts.
These came with Callaway MD3 S grind 50* and PM grind 58*. What can I say, these were a wonderful surprise. 

DSC_0225.JPG

DSC_0224.JPG

The 50* with full shots was as good as anything, and the 58* with little chips from 50yds or less was good too, as were flops shots. Opening this up made me look like big Phil. I must remember that it ALWAYS seemed to fade when opening the face. Maybe the face shape adds side spin. 
Feel with both was lovely. Dense soft similar to the Attas/Yamaha combo. Great height with lots of stopping power. More than I've ever seen. Compared to Gold's Factory/Attas Tour 120 or Yamaha V-Forged/Quadra 100i then the Crazy wins all day long. I'd recommend these shafts to anyone. Looking forward to more game time with these.

I'm now unsure if I want to split them so that I can install these...

DSC_0232.JPG

Edited by Ian-500

those ATTAS shafts are swell man. One of the best graphite iron shafts I've tried

Yes they are but you know how it is, we always want to find 'the one'!!