Very special irons and iron head sets looking for a new home

deejaid

Hi all.  I have some very special iron heads as well as irons and full sets looking for new homes.  I thought this forum would be the appropriate place to find someone that can appreciate these classic clubs.    Please PM me with any questions and see my eBay feedback, id dee-jaid.

First up...

1958/59 Ben Hogan Saber Sunburst Iron Heads Set 2-Equalizer all fully restored to new condition. Here is your chance to build your ultimate dream set of Ben Hogan irons. These heads look as good or even better than when they left the factory over 60 years ago.

$750 plus actual shipping costs

Now $650 plus shipping 

2AA389D3-A136-4FE1-B15A-1092F10D084A_zps

0FB156FC-B06F-41E0-ABEF-65FE417A379C_zps

Next, a fully restored set of 1960 Ben Hogan Power Thrust iron heads 2-Equalizer. These clubs look even better than when they left the factory as they have been refinished a beautiful satin that really sets these clubs apart.

The Power Thrust represents a new direction in iron design from Mr. Hogan. After the iconic profiles of the Precision and Saber irons, the Power Thrusts were completely new, with sweeping lines and mass removed from the toe area.

Now $650 plus shipping 

F8C7111F-E8E4-4031-8191-4CC1A33595C0_zps

8CEB076F-C809-4391-BC1E-3D7AD27DBD91_zps

Next up is a complete, original, unrestored 1954 Ben Hogan Precision wood and iron set. This is an all original grail set of clubs for the serious player or collector.

Precision woods are 1,2,3, and 4 woods with original True Temper Rocket shafts in regular flex and original leather grips. The clubs appear to be a custom set with a 2* upright lie angle.

The irons are all matching specs, 2-9 iron, original Rocket regular flex shafts and original leather grips. Club heads also measure 2* upright and have an “H” stamped on the back of each head.

I’ve tracked down a 1956/57 Utility wedge and added it to the set. This is a very rare club to find and is all original as well with a leather grip.

Finally, a 1958 Hogan P106 putter finishes off the set again with the original leather grip.

This set does show wear but not abuse. There are a few dings on the iron heads and there are some slight visible hosel cracks on some of the woods but those can easily be epoxied for many more years of play. I am offering these just as they are so the next owner can decide how much or little to do to get these clubs on the course. I can also epoxy the neck for the buyer if requested.

These are truly a grail set and I doubt you will find a full hash hosel set in this condition again anytime soon.

Now $650 plus shipping 

D1020F6A-8217-4737-80A4-8A785833AC73_zps

215473AA-FAC3-4B1A-87CE-90C8C844B839_zps

BD907A72-0B77-478C-A29E-89D54BF74249_zps

6A7FB9A9-2046-4658-9539-66E072D508B0_zps

Finally I have a set of Kyoei forged KZG Forged Cavity Back Irons 3-AW +.5” standard loft and lie. True Temper Dynamic Gold R300 regular flex High Launch shafts and GripMaster leather grips.

Clubs have been hit but are in near new condition.

As good as any current Japanese forged iron head. Simple clean lines in a Players Cavity Back iron.

Feeling of JDM for half the price.

$475 plus actual shipping costs

319E88C8-1A5C-49FB-B970-D759311EEF27_zps

EB5986C8-A51F-4FE9-93E7-EF78796340D4_zps

257FA60D-2943-4EDC-BBA8-82EAD72D3F75_zps

Edited by deejaid
Lowered price

Love the look of the second Hogans!

By the way DJ, you need to include in the photo’s, a name and date, so buyers know that these are just not photoshopped!

You probably won’t get any interest until u do that. Otherwise, good luck with your sale.

pete

Here is a photo of one Hogan head, one KZG club and one 1954 Hogan Precision club with the date (last night).  I already have the Sabers boxed and ready to ship so didn’t include that one in the photo.

BBC63019-97FB-479B-BC1A-AD239042A949_zps

Please feel free to look up me up on other golf forums username deejaid or eBay id dee-jaid as I have 100% feedback over 19 years on eBay.

the  power thrust  set of hogans, do u have any idea what they are made of  and are they forged ?

I LOVE the look of these , they wud be a good match for a cpl of my other  older  JDM MB sets.. im just a bit wary of the feel of these tho  , I have tried the  precision  set  but  didn't like them at all, the felt pretty   harsh ,. I did a review of them on here a few yrs back and was mortifed by the difference, given the ones I hit weren't re plated  so that MAY(?????)  make a difference.

any info u can give  wud be a help

Edited by supo

1 hour ago, supo said:

the  power thrust  set of hogans, do u have any idea what they are made of  and are they forged ?

I LOVE the look of these , they wud be a good match for a cpl of my other  older  JDM MB sets.. im just a bit wary of the feel of these tho  , I have tried the  precision  set  but  didn't like them at all, the felt pretty   harsh ,. I did a review of them on here a few yrs back and was mortifed by the difference, given the ones I hit weren't re plated  so that MAY(?????)  make a difference.

any info u can give  wud be a help

Hey Supo, yes, the Power Thrusts are USA forged carbon steel.  I actually played this set before they were refinished and I thought they felt better than the Precision’s as well.   Like I said in my response to Pete, the Power Thrusts are my favorite set of the three and if I sell the other sets first I’ll probably keep them and build them up.

I played them with some 1950’s TT Rocket shafts and they played well with the heavy old shafts but I think with a modern set of shafts they would really come alive.

I wish I could tell you how they feel now but it’s kind of a crapshoot but I think they would make a killer set.

Edited by deejaid

hmmmmmmm..,

I re did a set of 1980s Yamaha with MODUS 120xs  recently  from the old pin inserts DG and the difference  is pretty marked, I kept the 3i original  and u can really feel  the diff between the3 and 4 with the diff shafts.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

pondering.................

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 12:23 PM, deejaid said:

Decided to keep the KZG’s so they are no longer for sale.

All Hogan sets now reduced to $650 plus shipping.

I don't blame you for deciding to keep those KZGs. Those are from back when KZG still used Kyoei for their forging. I also use a set of KZG Kyoei mb's and a handful of backup clubs with the same heads... i'll never get rid of them, they are amazing . and this set you have listed lppks pretty amazing as well

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 1:26 AM, gregoire56 said:

I don't blame you for deciding to keep those KZGs. Those are from back when KZG still used Kyoei for their forging. I also use a set of KZG Kyoei mb's and a handful of backup clubs with the same heads... i'll never get rid of them, they are amazing . and this set you have listed lppks pretty amazing as well

I think I am still going to sell the KZG’s.  I pulled them because I wanted to experiment a bit more with them but decided to move on.  You are right though, the Kyoei forged KZG’s feel amazing, that’s why I’ve had such trouble letting them go.   This is the third set of the Forged Cavity Backs I’ve owned (also owned two sets of KZG Forged Blades, equally nice), but I think it’s time to move on.

So, the KZG’s are available again.  Ive made a few changes to them since I originally listed.   Now....

KZG Forged Cavity Back 3-AW, 2* upright, standard length, Dynamic Gold R300 shafts (removed the DG High Launch), Lamkin Utx Midsized cord wrap grips, custom funky 1970’s looking ferrules from Boyd Bloyd & Ferrule Co.

Again, the AW was added later to the set and was refinished, so it looks more satin nickel compared to the rest of the set which is satin chrome.

These clubs are like new.

$450 plus shipping 

8225BEA0-E805-40FF-BB17-CB2C906BE500.jpeg

54809FD0-B946-4F53-BF24-7AE392D0974E.jpeg

7DB9BFF8-36FE-4AD2-94C9-666515EE42C3.jpeg

1F53A7E9-E1A7-4905-9602-B1CD0E45994E.jpeg

EFDF03AB-3145-475D-B145-9B12A86C8F12.jpeg

Edited by deejaid

• 11 months later...