I was in the process of selling a few cellular phones for a friend of mine and I received this email from a perspective buyer from Africa. He/she offered me about 5X what the phone is actually going for on Ebay and at first, my mouth was watering at the idea of making such a profit. Then I remembered about a topics in the forum that talked about scams coming out of Africa where they ask for your Name, Address, and Phone # and basically screw up your credit. I figured this is too good to be true so I told the person that the only method I accepted outside the US was paypal and that I would need a confirmed address. After that, there was no reply.

Then, just today, I received another message from some with the same email extension, @zeromail.com, that wanted a different phone but he needed all my information again. He also offered that I name my price for the phone. I don't know what these people are trying to do but be careful!

Just giving everyone the heads up that if your selling something on ebay and the person wants you to end the auction early and needs your personal information so he can send the check via Western Union and they are paying you much more than the item is worth, then it's too good to be true. Any email ending in @ZEROMAIL.COM is a hoax and they just want to screw your!

yes, beware of those from nigeria.. i think the whole country is filled with scam artist.. live in nigeria but have a cc card registered in london.. or yes transfer money to your account-- please forward your info... look out..

There was another ebay scam I think you should worry about. People are pasting the ebay forms and emailing them for you to fill out. When you reply to the email they get your information. Sometimes they ask for credit cards, and other times just for regular info, name, number....