Swing Problem-R7 taking a beating!

azzetla

I keep hitting my R7 at the heel of the driver. While using impact tape all the impact happpens at the inner and upper part of the face. I cant hit anything dead centre.

HELP!!!!!!!! My new R7 is really taking a beating!

Is my swing too steep? I've tried addressing at the toe first hoping to avoid the heel hits, but it doesn't help.

Thanks in advance!

Wow...too many possibilities here..

Let's see...

Could try standing further back, cause on the downswing the hands extend farther than at address, the extra 2 inches of arm extension on the downswing causes heel impacts..

Could be head moving forward just before downswing...

erm...camera usually picks up the problem... :wink:

Thanks for your replies.

My resulting shot shape is usually a very high shot (pop up)with a slight fade to the left. My shots have a tendancy to go left of my target.

(I'm a righty)

sounds like you are hitting down on the ball, rather than through it. def try to get a video analysis. in the meantime, try and feel if your head moving towards the target on the downswing, or towards the ball, or both? also, try to feel for what your target-side hip is doing. finally, make sure you toes are pointing slightly outward in your stance, and are not square to the target line.