TM 200 tour - ballflight/characteristics

gregh729

I have a 200 Tour 17 that was bent to 16 by the tour van and the ball flight, for me, is high and flat... certainly no ballooning.

get a 300 tour or 200 tour smoothie in 15*, they have a slightly deeper face so it wont launch it as high. you'll like it so much you might sleep with it. :cool:

The 200 Tour smoothie's launch higher than the ridgies.

really? i thought it was the other way around....thanx :blackeye:

I could be wrong, but everything I've heard says the smoothie's launch higher.

really? i thought it was the other way around....thanx :blackeye:

I could be wrong, but everything I've heard says the smoothie's launch higher.

hmmm....maybe someone can clairfy? thanks for bringing it up, so i dont make a ridiculous unnecessary purchase!

Yeah, I should clarify, I didn't mean the smoothie would balloon, I've just heard from reliable sources that it launches higher than the same loft ridgie.

I have played both. The Smoothie is a higher flighted club. It is a bit more forgiving.

The Ridge Top is lower flat trajectory.

Neither should balloon if you have the correct shaft for you. The 15* will hit it higher but should be a nice flat flight not running out of juice and falling from the sky.

I have played both. The Smoothie is a higher flighted club. It is a bit more forgiving.

The Ridge Top is lower flat trajectory.

Neither should balloon if you have the correct shaft for you. The 15* will hit it higher but should be a nice flat flight not running out of juice and falling from the sky.

This is correct, the ridge top will start with a lower trajectory, but neiother one ballons. The smooth tops are much easier to hit. You just need the proper shaft on either 3 wood. Both models are great, I prefer the smooth top 13* :-)

Have you tried different shafts? Shafts are more a cause of ballooning than clubheads.

The clubhead has more to do with launch angle and spin than the shaft. Shafts can only fine tune spin and launch angle.

This might help. These are all the 200's that I know of that you might run across...

200 Steel Definitions

200 Retail – square to slightly closed face. Very easy to get up in the air.

200 Tour Ridge Top - High COG, low ball flight. Square setup.

200 Tour Ridge Top Duffy, same as the one stated above but has a fade bias. Square setup.

200 Tour Smoothie, has a smooth crown, Low COG, really easy to hit off the deck. Square setup.

200 Tour Clarke - It is the size of the ridge top, but has a low COG like the smoothie. It has a "C" on the hosel. Rare. Square setup.

200 Tour Clarke - It is the size of the ridge top, but has a low COG like the smoothie. It has a "C" on the hosel. Rare. Square setup.

The C on the hosel doesn't mean its a Clarke. The C is just a batch identification stamp they put on right after production. If you get a club with a C on it, that generally means it was never hit by anyone, and probably didn't even make it to a tour van.

Its a fairly common designation really, they've put it on the 200s, V-Steels, Rescue Mids, multiple drivers.....and it has nothing to do with Darren Clarke. There is a Darren Clarke model, but it will say DC not just C.