Aproposfornothing's Bag! (w/ Pics)

Hey TSGers! I've been a great big fan of this fantastic site for a while now and I want to introduce myself and my bag.

I used to think that I was happy with my set, but then I began reading the posts here at TSG and realized how inadequate I was and how much more money needed to spend in order to be cool :love: . I started off with a custom grind Mizuno set with the black finish(thanks to Chris and TSG), and then I got carried away... :fever:

Thanks to everyone who makes TSG one of the best sites EVER!

697abaf0.jpg

62941721.jpg

6d6bc8c9.jpg

c08441f0.jpg

I refinished the Fourteen and the Vokey at Black Oxide Service to match the Mizzys...Yup, totally crazy...

dfb3296e.jpg

b0b83809.jpg

fbbdabb3.jpg

:bomb1: :mizuno: :fourteen: :fuji: :gauge: :paradiso: :bomb1:

:cool: Poor old Tiger (or any other sponsored pro) would be jealous. Great set.

How do you like the XXIO 52 degree wedge. Any chance of some more photos of the club?

I notice both XXIO and the Vokey have concave soles. What advantage does his bring to the club?

:cool: Poor old Tiger (or any other sponsored pro) would be jealous. Great set.

How do you like the XXIO 52 degree wedge. Any chance of some more photos of the club?

I notice both XXIO and the Vokey have concave soles. What advantage does his bring to the club?

I was lead to believe that the concave soles help the club not dig into the ground/sand, but I'm not really sure about that. Does anyone else happen to know exactly what the concave soles do?

Personally, they just seem to work well for me. The first time I ever used a concave sole (the XXIO), I hit the ball to within 1 foot from behind a tree and in the rough from about 75 yards.

As for the XXIO specifically, I do like the club, but the headweight is too light for my taste. The heaviest swing weight I've been able to get out of it is D0. BTW, as requested, here's another pic.

c483b30c.jpg

:rough:

what a nice bag. like the look of the akira driver...how does it perform...ie distance forgiveness etc?

also how are the irons treatin ya?

The Akira driver is definately the longest conforming club I've ever hit and it works really well with the AXIV shaft...This combo is definately a "players" club, which is simultaneously its strong suit and weak suit for me.

I really enjoy the distance when I hit it well and I like the ease of fading and drawing the ball (not that I can do it when it matters, but I digress...). However, I wouldn't mind having more forgiveness. I don't think that I'm quite consistent enough to take full advantage of the club, but at least it's good for the concentration.

I won't be using the irons until after I take the California Bar Exam next week. I'll let you know how they are sometime after that...

Let me know if you have any other questions. :cool:

AugustPics061.jpg

BTW, the size of the clubhead is 380cc.

Congrats you now have the featured bag of the month :cool:

Thanks Chris!

You know I wouldn't have a bag like this without you, TSG, and all the information I learn here. :love:

And thanks to all the members of TSG for your nice comments, kind words, and funny jokes... :smile2:

(Hmmm...this sounded suspiciously like an acceptance speech...)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...