swingspeed for Diamana stiff shaft

matchplay

The Diamana shafts feel extremely weak just waggling them. Seems like most of us would need an X.

• 1 month later...

glad to hear its working for you! my ss is on ave just above 100.....touching 105 and the 63 s was slightly to weak......however the shaft still performed great and the feel was awesome!

ps godfather, i know you are right in saying that the 83 is stiffer than the 63 however, when i tried the two together i still got the same results! the 83 s still felt too weak for me! :cool:

Good old Ely used to label shafts stronger than what they really were.............. the more things change the more they stay the same!!

My advice would be to get a cpm read out once the shaft is installed. If you know a good clubmaker he may test a couple for you.

I guess the jist of the whole thread is the Diamanas play softer than label.

it depends on how you want the shaft to feel. my driver swing speed is 100-105 and the s flex in both 63 and 83 felt to soft and launched the ball too high! for my i personally felt like an x untipped was the correct flex for me......having said this i believe the softest you should go is an untipped x! :cool:

Just got new diamana 63 in stiff. It is an untipped install and it measured 244 CPM which is senior flex not stiff which should run 260 cpm. So, based on complaints heard from my friends and this board, I can conclude that diamana runs soft. Highly suggest your installer to simulate flex frequency if your Diamana shaft with dummy head before installing your club head. It's an expensive shaft to get the flex wrong.