Gauge Design 'The One' Pics of 'My One' Paintfill Removed!

dcc14

+1,

I actually just received it about an hour ago so I haven't even taken the wrapping off the grip yet. I'm headed to Bethpage (weather permitting)for a round tomorrow so I'll give a mini review following that for sure. I know it's hard to believe, but in person the putter looks even sweeter with the fill removed.

Dave

Good tip. I've used Jasco to remove paintfill in the past which should require a license. It removes paint all right, but it also makes you piss in your pants and forget who you are for about a half hour...

SFG,

I definitely hear you on that one as the BIX offers up that same reaction. I obviously try to use it outside, but last winter I was doing some removal on a set of z101's & I was pretty close to going down. My wife came in & said I looked like I was out on my feet. :surprize: If it helps get the paint out, I'll keep using it though.

Had a chance to play 'The One' today, & although I most certainly don't have a lot of time with it, I was pretty floored by the feel & overall performance of this putter.

I've had various Bettinardi DASS's in the bag for the past 3 years & I loved them. (still do / amazing priduct) To me though, 'The One' seems to be considerably softer. Definitely a different sort of feel than I'm accustomed & I like it a lot. Also, the ball seems to get going & rolling end over end straight away.

I'm not sure how many of you use you hybrid/rescue club around the greens/fringe, but I do quite often. I'm going to attempt to offer an anology that will help best describe the roll the Gauge provides. If you do use your hybrid around the greens, you know immediately after striking the ball it sort takes that little hop, skips a bit & then begins to roll. As opposed to the putter, where it appears to begin to roll on contact. Well try to imagine "all other putters" as that hybrid & 'The One' as the putter. There is simply no hop/skip whatsoever, the ball actually begins rolling on contact & when struck solidly the roll is truly unmatched.

the hybrid (around the green): a putter as a putter: 'the one'

Best way I can offer a description & I hope that makes a bit of sense. Simply put , with a little time put in, this putter is going to offer great results.

Dave

Great analogy. :cool: I concur. Thanks for the review.

While I'm going back and forth a little between The One and my Heavy Putter B3, they are entirely different animals and the waffling btw them is for different reasons.

The One is, IMO, much purer (in feel and in role) than the B3 or even the Scotty's I've hit and - yes - the buttery Miura.

dcc review and analogy dcc, how did u think that one up lol! :confused:

i totally understand what you are saying and agree 100% with you. as for the bettinardis, i too have had a few tour specials and dass and found that the ball jumps off the face......and does not roll, therefore to me 'the one' is a completely different beast! :love:

• 2 weeks later...

:cool: Totally snazzi. Great putter.

Hey dcc,  

Who did the engraving on your club and how much did they charge?  It looks great!   :cool: Is the putter to commemorate your baby?  Just curious...

-AFN

AFN & +1,

Engraving was done by Kevin Colbert @ putterplating.com (ckeck out the site) They do fantastic work & can do anything you can think of. I had a betti that they put an American Flag on (toe) & a few other custom designs on various other putters as well. :love:

I don't think it's too expensive at all. I believe it was $40 shipped for all the engraving. (I paid an upcharge for overnite, so it was $55 or so) Well worth to me as the work is flawless. I think the entire process bewtween shipping to MN, then back to me in NY took about a week or so.

+1,

These grips are sick! :cool: I almost went with pink but I need to start draining a few more puts before I'm smooth enough to go that route. : :laugh:

Yes, my daughter's name is Lucia, but we call her LuLu or Luci, hence the LuLu on the toe & luci on the flange with her date of birth - 5/14/05