Porting Wdges-Where or how to

Cavemangolfer

I was wondering where I could get my wedges ported or how to do it.  If you have any info I would be glad to hear it. Thanks :smile2:

:confused: What exactly is "porting"?

"Porting a wedge", is when you take weight out of the wedge, by drilling holes in the back of it. It is primarily done to lower the ball flight. I had it done to a Cleveland 588 60 deg. wedge by Nomad Golf Works. I also had it refinished and the grooves machine cut. I turned out killer. The ball flight was lower, and the feel was so much better! Check'em out.

"Porting a wedge", is when you take weight out of the wedge, by drilling holes in the back of it.  It is primarily done to lower the ball flight.  I had it done to a Cleveland 588 60 deg. wedge by Nomad Golf Works.   I also had it refinished and the grooves machine cut.  I turned out killer.  The ball flight was lower, and the feel was so much better!  Check'em out.

Thanks for the info. I have seen ported wedges in a number of the pros' bags. It is really great when you put work into a club and it works out well! :cool:

Titleist sold a line of 'signature' wedges back in the day.... some of these were already ported.

I tried doing a 588 myself...... it worked, but several drill bits later I had produced not the prettiest example :laugh:

I was wondering where I could get my wedges ported or how to do it. If you have any info I would be glad to hear it. Thanks :smile2:

I have done quite a few wedges, and would be happy to do yours....drop me a line via PM if you are interested or have any questions.

Steve