GD Tera quick review

jack0428

GD Tera Putter, 34", 530gms.

Looks: (8.8) very similar to SC Red-X in shape, but the dark soft steel coloring makes the putter more "mean" looking and much or easy to aim for the eyes. The mallet shape is perfect for a straight back and through putting style with matching aim lines.

Feel: (9.5) like all GD putters, Tera is very soft on impact with soft cover balls, you hardly feel the ball hit off the face, you kind of feel the ball sticks to the face then jump off it, very good feel. The 530gms total weight is slightly heavier than 90% of the putters in the market, but the heavier sensation does keep the wrist quiet.

Rolling: (9.1) the ball gets on a straight line right away, the 3RTNC milling process does keep the ball on face and gets the ball rolling right off the face. This putter is deadly within the 8-10 feet range, but with the longer lag putts, wrist actions tend to get i the way and the ball goes off line a bit more than noted.

Conclusion: Forget Scotty Cameron, the soft feel of the GD putters are much more superior than any makes out there by far. The question is the feel, the shape and the weight of the putter fit the eyes, the hand and you or not. This is a good putter for any type of greens.

post-989-1136783169_thumb.jpg

post-989-1136783171_thumb.jpg

Edited by jack0428

So similar to RED-X. Any info if there's a center shafted model?

I will post images of my terra this week, Its a solid mallet and part of the forged series line, very soft at impact and as jack said it has a nice heavy weight. IMO its got a more rounded and smoother profile than the red x. I'm sorry there is no center shafted model available.