For all you coffee lovers

Don't know how many of you out there are coffee fanatics such as myself but I just had to pass this on. I just received my first order from Koa Coffee in Hawaii and I can't say enough about this stuff. The Fed Ex guy didn't want to give up the package as the fresh roated coffee aroma was so wonderful. It's a lot less pricey than a trip to Starbucks every day and way way better in my opinion.

good coffee

• 3 weeks later...

Did I hear someone say "COFFEE"?

Anyone, and I mean anyone that would like to tast 'real' espresso, and you're in Vancouver BC, make sure you don't miss Cafe Artigiano.

http://www.caffeartigiano.com/ if you're interested in a web look. These boys know their coffee. Multi-time 'world' barrista champion is the owner. Dude is super serious about getting you a perfect shot everytime.

I've personally watched him throw out 4 shots in a row because he didn't think that he'd got it just right. WOW.

They also sell the worlds' most expensive coffee.

check it out.

jp

Just be careful with that KOPI LUWAK! HAHA!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

paradox.jpg

Kopi Luwak coffee comes from the Indonesian island of Sumatra, an area well-known for its excellent coffee. Also native to the area is a small civit-like animal called a Paradoxurus. That's the scientific name, the locals call them luwaks. These little mammals live in the trees and one of their favorite foods is the red, ripe coffee cherry. They eat the cherries, bean and all. While the bean is in the little guy's stomach, it undergoes chemical treatments and fermentations. The bean finishes its journey through the digestive system, and exits. The still-intact beans are collected from the forest floor, and are cleaned, then roasted and ground just like any other coffee.

The resulting coffee is said to be like no other. It has a rich, heavy flavour with hints of caramel or chocolate.

Just be careful with that KOPI LUWAK! HAHA!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

paradox.jpg

Kopi Luwak coffee comes from the Indonesian island of Sumatra, an area well-known for its excellent coffee. Also native to the area is a small civit-like animal called a Paradoxurus. That's the scientific name, the locals call them luwaks. These little mammals live in the trees and one of their favorite foods is the red, ripe coffee cherry. They eat the cherries, bean and all. While the bean is in the little guy's stomach, it undergoes chemical treatments and fermentations. The bean finishes its journey through the digestive system, and exits. The still-intact beans are collected from the forest floor, and are cleaned, then roasted and ground just like any other coffee.

The resulting coffee is said to be like no other. It has a rich, heavy flavour with hints of caramel or chocolate.

LOL I've heard about this before but that's the first picture of the little critter I've seen. I wonder who was the first guy to discover/try doing this to those beans? Must of been really desparate for a cup of coffee don't ya think. Rates right up there with the guy who said to his buddy " Next thing to come out that chicken's a** I'm gonna eat".

Did I hear someone say "COFFEE"?

Anyone, and I mean anyone that would like to tast 'real' espresso, and you're in Vancouver BC, make sure you don't miss Cafe Artigiano.

http://www.caffeartigiano.com/ if you're interested in a web look. These boys know their coffee. Multi-time 'world' barrista champion is the owner. Dude is super serious about getting you a perfect shot everytime.

I've personally watched him throw out 4 shots in a row because he didn't think that he'd got it just right. WOW.

They also sell the worlds' most expensive coffee.

check it out.

jp

I'll be in Vancouver on Monday , on 12th Ave . Just down from VGH . I don't know Vancouver all that well , so which one of there locations would be closest to me ??

I am on day trip over there , and would like to give the place a try .

Thanks

Mike

LOL I've heard about this before but that's the first picture of the little critter I've seen. I wonder who was the first guy to discover/try doing this to those beans? Must of been really desparate for a cup of coffee don't ya think. Rates right up there with the guy who said to his buddy " Next thing to come out that chicken's a** I'm gonna eat".

$75 a Pound !!! I would care if it came out of Paris Hiltons ass , would not pay that much for coffee :tsg_smilie_money3: