Field report: Tourstage X-Drive 435 / GD Tour AD PT6

MCsub

Well, this was the surprise of the day for me. Mine is a 10.5 on a stiff flex. I have tried several other Tourstage drivers, the best being the Maru MR23 370cc club. Man, that one I should have kept. But alas, it was too demanding for me. Tried the 365/TXD shaft and the 340/M65, but neither combo was right for me. This version has the same solid Tourstage feel, but perhaps is not quite as "hot" as the 340 I had. And nowhere near as "thwacky" as the 365 and MR23. Perfect feel. Most importantly, it gets up. Obviously, the big deal is the shaft. I think the PT6 in the 340 would have been great. Combined here w/ the 10.5 and 435cc head it is a winner. Finally, a driver to challenge my R7TP/I65. I don't get caught up a lot in distance, and the range I was at is tough to tell as it is very downhill, but w/ the 435 I was clearing a hill I could only land on w/ the R7. Most likely a few better range balls, but it is no doubt as long as the R7. Very excited about this driver.

Well, this was the surprise of the day for me. Mine is a 10.5 on a stiff flex. I have tried several other Tourstage drivers, the best being the Maru MR23 370cc club. Man, that one I should have kept. But alas, it was too demanding for me. Tried the 365/TXD shaft and the 340/M65, but neither combo was right for me. This version has the same solid Tourstage feel, but perhaps is not quite as "hot" as the 340 I had. And nowhere near as "thwacky" as the 365 and MR23. Perfect feel. Most importantly, it gets up. Obviously, the big deal is the shaft. I think the PT6 in the 340 would have been great. Combined here w/ the 10.5 and 435cc head it is a winner. Finally, a driver to challenge my R7TP/I65. I don't get caught up a lot in distance, and the range I was at is tough to tell as it is very downhill, but w/ the 435 I was clearing a hill I could only land on w/ the R7. Most likely a few better range balls, but it is no doubt as long as the R7. Very excited about this driver.

for some reason, i was not feeling the PT-6 shaft. I'd really like to try the TXD-70 or maybe my Axiv 7572.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after a second session w/ this driver, I do like it. No questions it is longer than my R7TP. I have never believed when people post that because all these new drivers are .83. Perhaps the PT6 is better for me than the I65. The club face is very stable at impact, and thus the club has been hitting dead straight for me. Sound and feel at impact are superb. Still a lower trajectory than my R7, but a piercing ball flight. Looking forward to giving this one a shot this year.