Help!

mittle

I recently purchased a R7 XR from a co-worker of mine. I'm sure he is not intentionally trying to pull one over on me but he is, nevertheless, clueless about this club-He picked it up in his travels. I am worried because there is no serial number on the hosel. I have heard many reasons for this from it was from the "tour van" to this Japan made model does not have a serial number imprinted on the club. The shaft is a REAX Plus which I know is aimed at the Asian market. Any comments or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

post-10369-1176871300.jpg

Don't know about the serial number but it looks good from the sole. Do you have any pics from other angles including the face and shaft? Thanks.

I recently purchased a R7 XR from a co-worker of mine. I'm sure he is not intentionally trying to pull one over on me but he is, nevertheless, clueless about this club-He picked it up in his travels. I am worried because there is no serial number on the hosel. I have heard many reasons for this from it was from the "tour van" to this Japan made model does not have a serial number imprinted on the club. The shaft is a REAX Plus which I know is aimed at the Asian market. Any comments or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

post-10369-1176871300.jpg

I have one of these purchased from TSG...it is an awesome club but mine does have a serial (lasered?) number on the hosel...the shaft is a silver black REAX 40 shaft (no plus wording in mine...) with wt 42, TQ4.6 and KP M which i the stock SR shaft...

Someone recently told me that tour van models (at least he US ones) have an addtional lettering to signify them as tour van models (tv i think) but they still do have serial numbers...

As gochin said...additional pics of different views of the club and even the shaft may be helpful...

You think it is a fake because it does not have serial #? If your co-worker picked it up in China cheap, the chance of being a fake is high. If he bought it in Japan or Singapore, the chance is low.

If there is no serial number then it is more likely that the head is real but came directly from the factory (via a back-door ;) ), i.e. before serial etching in another factory (probably in Japan). The XR couldn't have ceom from a tour van as the XR is non-conforming. I believe that TM has the serial number etched on the hosel after they arrive at the destination market.

The new XR is conforming and that's what he has above. The old XR was non-conforming... I've looked carefully at the pictures... and from the pictures it looks authentic. Have you hit it yet?

The new XR is conforming and that's what he has above. The old XR was non-conforming... I've looked carefully at the pictures... and from the pictures it looks authentic. Have you hit it yet?

Haven't hit it yet...this weekend. I guess I wanted to get some opinions before I took it out. Thanks to all who responded. I'll let you know how it feels.