SHAFT PULLED FROM A NEW DRIVER

BELA

I am sorry for this is a very basic question but I know very little about clubmaking and haven´t found a lot of info using the search engine.

I want to reshaft my Epon 460.

The thing is that at my local store they have a bunch of non-conforming drivers (JDM) that they can not sell nor return to the manufacturer (or so I think), so they have offered me the chance to take one driver (brand new), pull the shaft out and install it in my Epon.

I am very tempted because they are asking about 140 bucks (installed) for a shaft that is 400 dollars if bought "new".

My question is (pressuming that the clubfitter knows what he is doing): if this is safe? or the shaft may suffer in any way?

Some of you may say that for the price it´s worth the try but I do not want to tinker with my Epon too much...

Thanks

The question is what benefit are you trying to achieve by changing shaft :tsg_smiley_question:

The Drev Tour Stiff with your Epon would be better than any J-spec driver stock shafts from anyone. So why change as Jack said? NGS is begining to get the recognition it deserves.

The Drev Tour Stiff with your Epon would be better than any J-spec driver stock shafts from anyone. So why change as Jack said? NGS is begining to get the recognition it deserves.

I am not saying that the Drev is not good, I know it is an excellent shaft but I think is too stout for my swing.

I honestly think I don´t load it.

The replacement would be an ARMRQ shaft from Honma...what would you think then?

Edited by BELA

I am not saying that the Drev is not good, I know it is an excellent shaft but I think is too stout for my swing.

I honestly think I don´t load it.

The replacement would be an ARMRQ shaft from Honma...what would you think then?

I didnt look at the rest of your bag before and now I think the Drev Tour Stiff at NGS's flex of 13.5 kg is indeed very stout since your are playing R flex the rest of your bag. If you are going with the ARMRQ, the B54 R or B62 R would be a good choice. The B49 is too light and too flex for a mid to low handicap player.

Edited by Duffer19

I didnt look at the rest of your bag before and now I think the Drev Tour Stiff at NGS's flex of 13.5 kg is indeed very stout since your are playing R flex the rest of your bag. If you are going with the ARMRQ, the B54 R or B62 R would be a good choice. The B49 is too light and too flex for a mid to low handicap player.

Thanks for the input.

The shafts would be from the later series, the 851 or the 856, wich are basically the same but they have titanium threads all along(the Beres B49 and B54 have not).

Have demoed the 851: too soft.

Have tested this morning the 856 in reg and stiff and still do not now what to do cause I am in the middle (43-44 m/s)...

I dont know the 8 series so good luck in your search.

i do this all the time with no ill effects. just make sure to keep an eye and watch the clubmaker as hes pulling your shaft:) i notcie they are more careful with the owner in front of them