help choosing irons!

plus1

Hey all

I am trying to decide on a new set of irons at the minute and the options I am left with are as follows:

- Yururi proto blades

- Vega 50th Anniv CB

- Vega RAFC 02 CB

- Yamaha 2008 tour forged model

all of these irons look extremely good.

What I am looking for is simply a set that has a pure forging, feels sweet, and will not be too punishing when I actually find time to get out on the course.

PS If you can think of any other options please shoot..........

Hey all

I am trying to decide on a new set of irons at the minute and the options I am left with are as follows:

- Yururi proto blades

- Vega 50th Anniv CB

- Vega RAFC 02 CB

- Yamaha 2008 tour forged model

all of these irons look extremely good.

What I am looking for is simply a set that has a pure forging, feels sweet, and will not be too punishing when I actually find time to get out on the course.

PS If you can think of any other options please shoot..........

YAMAHA if you can find them!

Honest do you think they are that good? I can get a set - I just wasnt sure on the quality in comparison to the Kyoei forging. Thanks Bogey!

Anyone else?

The Yamaha are Endo forged.

Simply by looking at the finish, design, and quality you can tell Endo is the best manufacture by a mile.

#1 = Endo

#2 = Miura

#3 = Kyoei tied with Chuo

The Yururi Proto Blades were done by Kyoei and dont forget the Miura Giken MB5003 as its a very solid option as well.

After touring the Endo factory and have a detailed look into their design, technology, and manufacturing processes (we saw everything from the CAD designing to mold making automation to the forging itself, quality control, shafting and finishing of many brands), I truly believe that Endo produces the highest quality golf clubs out there. And you guys know me, I am fanatical about technology and design and workmanship. This was especially evident after going on the tour then going to the Golf Show where all the brands were in one place showcasing their best. The Endo stuff just stands out when it comes to quality and finish, it plain screams expensive and high end...

This week has been amazing for me with the Endo tour and Golf Show, I've really learned a lot about how equipment is designed and made and this has given me an even further appreciation of high quality golf clubs!!

So you are recommending ENDO - but then what is better between endo epons and endo yamahas. And which would you recommend?

Both are great, I would recommend both and you can't go wrong with either, but the final decision is up to you as there are other factors such as personal preference choices, looks, design, topline, offset....

Thanks T

The general consensus is that I should go for the endo, I have tried all of the epons and although they feel fantastic they just dont suit me eye as well as other irons. I like the look of the Yamaha's as they have a slightly more square toe.

The only way to really sort my dilemma out is by buying the two sets that I like and comparing them.

I have just ordered the Vega 50th anniversary set and I am hoping that I can still order the set of Tour Yamaha's....as Bogeydog says - they rock!

Has anyone in here played the Vega anniversary set? opinions?

Thanks T

The general consensus is that I should go for the endo, I have tried all of the epons and although they feel fantastic they just dont suit me eye as well as other irons. I like the look of the Yamaha's as they have a slightly more square toe.

The only way to really sort my dilemma out is by buying the two sets that I like and comparing them.

I have just ordered the Vega 50th anniversary set and I am hoping that I can still order the set of Tour Yamaha's....as Bogeydog says - they rock!

Has anyone in here played the Vega anniversary set? opinions?

Plus,

Went out today with my Yamaha Tour 8I reshafted with the new KB Tour stiif, softstepped once. I play 1/2" under standard (US) in length. I have a 96mph driver SS and usually play Black Golf S shaft.

It was a surprise.

Feel - Butt stiff, moderate soft tip. More Black Gold-like then I expected, but slightly firmer or more solid. Bend profile was nice. Seemed well balance. My guess is the counterbalancing properties led to this.

Performance - Here it shined. Ball flight was higher than I expected. I would classify it as high, but it didn't balloon. Distance was superb. For me ball flight was straight to a draw. Seems easier to turnover than the BG. I would say 1/2-3/4 club longer for me. Hard swings didn't over come the shaft. Feel was very smooth but not mushy, performance top notch.

Overall, I am surprised as many are with these. The shaft really played well in the Yamaha heads. The Yamahas have a higher center of gravity and the KB Shafts just seemed to give back some launch. Remember the Yamaha's have S200s stock. I hate the stock shafts. I softstepped the S to take the edge off and see how they played next to the BG. I am ordering the rest to install soon.