My first Gold's putter has arrived

foosp

After the long deliberation and then with gocchin's help in ordering my first Gold's putter (thanks T), she is finally in my hands. And what a beauty. Its a Private Stock number 1. The craftmanship is outstanding. After a few putts on the carpet, I know I have something special. Here are some pictures (I wish my picture taking was as superb as Master Sasaya's putter):

It is down to the course with her tomorrow. I am already thinking of a second one. I hope I strike the lottery soon.

post-11952-1215268432.jpg

post-11952-1215268453.jpg

post-11952-1215268480.jpg

post-11952-1215268500.jpg

post-11952-1215268524.jpg

post-11952-1215268543.jpg

That looks amazing... the tungsten over the lettering actually looks good. I kinda like it. The red and white paintfill on teflon black is a great combination. You will love that PZ milling feel!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's a beauty. However, I predict she doesn't look, and that's pretty dang good :atsg_smilie_roll: half as good as she will Putt.

:atsg_smilie_niceshot:

Edited by idrive

WOW... beautiful.. I want one in private stock #2

WOW... beautiful.. I want one in private stock #2

I think that will be my second wife (3rd if you count the one with 2 legs).

That is unless Sasaya-san comes up with new design. I saw his web site and the GF01B in Stainless steel looks interesting. I wonder if gocchin has any information about that putter?

Yes GF01A's and GF01B's are also available for custom order.

the B has a very solid feel with no open cavity and is also heavy because of this... The GF01A is a very classic shape I love.

B and A below:

0807020010.JPG

0806190005.JPG

T, I think the GF01A are all gone. GF website has the GF01B (SUS303 and the Fe versions) only now.

Nice design, really really slick. Congrats~

HULC

L, it's off the site but I think Sasaya may have a few more. I will confirm and damn it am considering one myself since I love that shape in white chrome so much! (^_^)

T,

if you havent asked him already regarding the GF01A, when you do bring up the subject can you see if he has anymore SUS303 No.2 (I know the lefty is still on the site) but I would need a right handed one.

Well, after 18 holes, all I can say is WOW.. The feel is excellent and the feedback you get is incredible.

However, I am not used to the heavier head yet and as gocchin said in his other post to Droopy in the Flagstick forum, it does make the putter feel like a sledgehammer. I will need to check if my clubmaker can put in a butt plug to even things out. I think that will help smoothen the putting stroke.

Thanks gocchin for the new photos. By the way, Sasaya-san in one of his blog entries said that the SUS303 models have a lot of option whereas the Fe model does not. What options are included in the SUS303 models? What would be the damage for one of those if they are still available.

Of course when I say sledgehammer I mean when you swing it... at impact it is very soft and pure. (^_^).

But that said, there are those who prefer the heavier feeling head, but if you don't, the butt cartridge or heavier putter shaft is a way to balance out the feel.

I, for one, prefer the heavier head... sledge hammer effect.

For me, the shorter the Putting stroke the easier it is to keep on line and judge speed.

I think this is something to keep in mind when Putting with these Putters. It just doesn't take as much effort to get the ball rolling.

Guys... trust me on this one. Shorten the back stroke

nice! i like the white chrome as well. i am also a fan of the heavier heads, i in fact have some lead tape on my make shift anser.

cant get over how that white chrome heavy head looks so purdy!

Yes GF01A's and GF01B's are also available for custom order.

the B has a very solid feel with no open cavity and is also heavy because of this... The GF01A is a very classic shape I love.

B and A below:

0807020010.JPG

0806190005.JPG

Any idea the damage on these two beauties?

I agree with iDrive. I actually like the heavier head putter.

However, with a 35 inch shaft, it got a little too heavy for me to handle consistently. I made a visit to my club fitter and we spent about 2 hours balancing the putter. In the end we ended up with 100grams on the butt of the putter. Viola. the balance just locked into place for me.

Now the putts are sweet and the putter swings like a greased pendulum. The head feels even sweeter (softer but with more feedback) than before. If I hit the toe or heel, I know immediately without even having to look at the ball. I did have to align the toe up about 0.5 degrees but everything else fell into place.

My club fitter used the Tomi putting system (the Pro version) to check everything out and it just came out right. Then I went down to my club's putter green and drained almost everything. What a feeling. Money well spent I would say (although my wife would disagree if she found out).

Has anyone used Tomi before? There is a consumer version for USD299. It seems a great putting trainer.

Thanks again T, now looking forward to maybe another one.

Regards

foosp

I think the Tomi is what Sasaya-san uses as well.

Wow 100g on the butt? That would bring total weight of that putter to around 640g if I'm not mistaken. That is one heavy stick!

Foo do you mind me asking how tall you are? 35" is pretty long. I have just as heavy a head but the effects weren''t as pronounced since I'm playing mine at 33".

Any idea the damage on these two beauties?

Not so sure as those are the only pics I have and I don't know what options are done on the sole and face.

The GF01B, the first one is the SS303 version so it's pricey for sure. The GF01A is carbon steel and starts at around 500.

Hi T

I am not really that tall (about 5 foot 11). I tend to stand a bit more upright on my putts. This was a habit acquired a long time ago (to compensate for a bad back). For the last 15 years I have tended to putt upright. My other putters (an Odyssey Trihot, a Kirk Currie, an Odyssey Black) have all been 35 inches. I have had to put lead tape on them to get any feeling (even the Kirk Currie with the heavy weight).

With the Gold's adjusted, it is now beautiful. For my next putter, I would probably keep 2 tungsten weights on the sole but forgo the 2 weights on the face. Maybe... With the GF setup now, I am going to play with it for a couple of months and then decide the best weight.

Actually, the balance is so good the only time I feel the weight is if I bring it horizontal. Other than that I just don't even feel the weight at all.