Nippon 850gh

BELA

I have just received a set of Taylor Made Tour Burners with Nippon 850gh

and I have noticed that, near where the label reads "S for shaft" it also reads "PL".

I think I have also seen that on a set of Macgregor MTs but that "PL" thing does not appear on my Epon TypeX´s Nippons neither in some Honmas that I have inspected.

Is it a different shaft or just a different, new labelling?

Thaks folks

I have just received a set of Taylor Made Tour Burners with Nippon 850gh

and I have noticed that, near where the label reads "S for shaft" it also reads "PL".

I think I have also seen that on a set of Macgregor MTs but that "PL" thing does not appear on my Epon TypeX´s Nippons neither in some Honmas that I have inspected.

Is it a different shaft or just a different, new labelling?

Thaks folks

Along with making their own line, Nippon Shaft also makes "custom" versions of their shafts for various companies. This is probably what they've done for TaylorMade. However, I do not know what the specific specs are for each company.

If it's an 850 the specs should be the same. As B said they do indeed make stock shafts for many OEM's and if they are slightly different spec wise their model number will show it ie NS Pro 900 and 990's for Titleist and Cobra etc.