Japan Model Taylormade R9 Driver

gocchin

Hello

what would be the best option to replace my AF101 which has the matrix F6M2 fitted?

Thanks

I would have to say down the road yes they will sell the shafts, but now word on that yet.

Hi T:

Is it true that the JDM stock Motore a TM only shaft? Fuji site only lists the F1 and Speeder. Is this stock Motore same as USDM stock except lighter and also 0.35 tip? The reason for all these questions is to find out how to compare flex stiffness on different models. I know I would be able to play the Kai'li 60 in R (or the USDM stock R) which they do not offer but would that be comparable to the stock Motore SR in term of flex (not necessary in shaft profile) ?

ps: I am referring to the R9 max and not the regular R9.

Edited by Duffer19

Hi T:

Is it true that the JDM stock Motore a TM only shaft? Fuji site only lists the F1 and Speeder. Is this stock Motore same as USDM stock except lighter and also 0.35 tip? The reason for all these questions is to find out how to compare flex stiffness on different models. I know I would be able to play the Kai'li 60 in R (or the USDM stock R) which they do not offer but would that be comparable to the stock Motore SR in term of flex (not necessary in shaft profile) ?

ps: I am referring to the R9 max and not the regular R9.

R, the Motore is the "stock" shaft for the R9 (not necessarily for TM only as Motore is a Fuji "name"). As to how the JDM one actually feels and performs we'll have to wait and see when we get some demos. The JDM one is lighter as you noticed and the JDM R9 also plays 0.5" longer. So in other words what you're asking is, is the stock JDM Motore going to play softer? My guess with the longer length and lighter weight is yes probably a tad softer. Also the US models do not offer a Stiff/Regular which spreads the flex out for JDM one.

My guess for the JDM stock Motore is as follows (phonzy this is for you too)

Please keep in mind that this is a general estimation. Swing speeds and flex are always a guess and one must take into consideration tempo and transition as well which is why there is some overlap.

Regular 80-90

Stiff/Regular 85-95

Stiff 95-105

X-Stiff 105 and up

Stiff

The aftermarket shafts will play true to flex.

The aftermarket shafts will play true to flex.

Thanks T, I pretty much know how an after market would play but have not play a JDM stock shaft for the longest time. It is my impression that a stock would play 1/2 a flex to a full flex softer than after market depending on torque and bend point. Unfortunately R9 is not something one can change/swap shaft easily as with other clubs.

Thanks T, I pretty much know how an after market would play but have not play a JDM stock shaft for the longest time. It is my impression that a stock would play 1/2 a flex to a full flex softer than after market depending on torque and bend point. Unfortunately R9 is not something one can change/swap shaft easily as with other clubs.

Your 1/2 a flex is probably a good estimation especially for R flex (which is why there is an SR flex).

The sleeve is pretty easily rehafted.......Joe did a Diamana Ali Islei in a R9 and it looks perfect

pic

post-1360-1236916708.jpg

That's good to know. It would open a whole door of shaft options then. I think I'll get an R9 Max for myself since I have a ton of shafts sitting here.

• 2 weeks later...

Is R9 Japan (not the Max) available for an oder from TSG?

I know R9 Max release date has been delayed to end of April and I am interested in R9 if same shaft upgrade is available.

Per Taylormade Japan website, R9 has same shaft options as R9 Max.

If so, what would be price?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update that the R9 Max launches this weekend earlier than expected!

And yes we do carry the standard R9 420cc with JDM shaft upgrades if people are interested. Just drop me an email or PM.