RC fairway experts needed

LSeca

I have been playing a 15* Sonartec three wood for a long time, the club head is hammered and I want/need something new. I have tried almost every current usdm model and nothing performs as good for me, and many I have not given the chance as they do not look as good or sound as good. I do want something new as I am tired of looking at this old war horse and I know RC has very similiar designs. So, I need to know which one in the pro shop is the closest to the GS Tour. Sorry for the long post, thanks for your time.

I have been playing a 15* Sonartec three wood for a long time, the club head is hammered and I want/need something new. I have tried almost every current usdm model and nothing performs as good for me, and many I have not given the chance as they do not look as good or sound as good. I do want something new as I am tired of looking at this old war horse and I know RC has very similiar designs. So, I need to know which one in the pro shop is the closest to the GS Tour. Sorry for the long post, thanks for your time.

The GS Tour was an exact copy of the old CV Pro model from RC released back in early 2005 in Japan. Sonartec was taking older RC models and recycling them as new models in the US. RC carries similar channeled sole designs across all their models so most of the models are similar in that sense.

Besides the FD, all of the current RC woods are more compact like the GS Tour was. The BBD's 304 woods are aimed at the better player, with the T being a deeper high back head and the F being more shallow and higher launching. The most similar to your GS Tour would actually be the Pro TP which is a touch smaller but hs similar overall dimensions. It was aimed at the scratch golfer wanting control and accuracy.

gocchin,

Thank you very much, I was hoping you would come through and you did. I was looking at all three earlier, your descriptions are more clear to me and are very helpfull. I am certainly not a sctach golfer, so the TP is out even though I was considering it the front runner before. I prefer a little more deep than shallow so I am going to get the T model.

Thanks again.