Putter Fitting in Japan?

K2_2

I will have a little extra time in Japan and wanted to see about a putter fitting around Tokyo.

Does anyone have any ideas? Basically, I'd like to try a few different styles and see which one (s) I manage to line up (reasonably) close to the hole at a studio.

If no one has any ideas, I might have to pick up another driver instead :atsg_smilie_tourstage: .

I will have a little extra time in Japan and wanted to see about a putter fitting around Tokyo.

Does anyone have any ideas? Basically, I'd like to try a few different styles and see which one (s) I manage to line up (reasonably) close to the hole at a studio.

If no one has any ideas, I might have to pick up another driver instead :atsg_smilie_tourstage: .

The fitting will be in Japanese, do you speak?

There is a guy we know of named Tomi who does putter fittings but It's more for fine tuning, custom work and specifications not hitting a variety of putters.

There is a guy we know of named Tomi who does putter fittings but It's more for fine tuning, custom work and specifications not hitting a variety of putters.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the quick follow up! It sounds like that would be something for another trip after I have settled on a style and basic set of specs that I want to perfect.

Cheers.

I would say find a place that has a SAM putting lab. Uses an ultrasound to analyze your swing. Get the specs and your tendencies and have Gold's build you a custom made putter from the ground up. If the putter is built to your specs you'll spend less time manipulating the putter to get it square. There are so many factors ie left aim bias/right aim bias that OTS putters sometimes just don't cut it. Of course putting is more about your ability to read greens and consistency. The latter will dramatically improve if you get a putter built for you.

I would say find a place that has a SAM putting lab. Uses an ultrasound to analyze your swing. Get the specs and your tendencies and have Gold's build you a custom made putter from the ground up. If the putter is built to your specs you'll spend less time manipulating the putter to get it square. There are so many factors ie left aim bias/right aim bias that OTS putters sometimes just don't cut it. Of course putting is more about your ability to read greens and consistency. The latter will dramatically improve if you get a putter built for you.

Those are some outstanding points that I hope to keep in mind while I'm in Japan :atsg_smilie_roll: .