Tourstage 901 or Tourstage 701R

gtr_skyline

I have both. They are both great heads. Square set-up. 701 R is deeper-faced, shorter from heel to toe and front to back. 901 launches a little higher (may be the shaft; kai'li in 701R and EV7 in 901). You can't go wrong with either head with the right shaft. Two of the best-looking, cleanest heads around and both pop the **** out of the ball.

As far as fade bias, I can't tell much diff between the two.

Yea for me too the 901 goes higher and alittle farther. My only argument is the heel shots feel really bad compared to the Rs heels hits. At address the 701R looks better to me, but the 901 sits nicer, more firmly.

Like B said, the 701Rs deep face is noticeable compared to the 901. It does make a difference in ball spin. If you struggle w/height I'd go w/the 901... That said the 701R is very workable high and low. Dispersion on the kaili rules all. If you miss left get the kaili.

I play both drivers and the distance is difference minimal. If I had to choose one driver to keep it'd be the 701 as i like the look of the deeper face and shorter front to back look. But the 901 is indeed a very beautiful club, and I will always have one.

• 2 weeks later...
I have both. They are both great heads. Square set-up. 701 R is deeper-faced, shorter from heel to toe and front to back. 901 launches a little higher (may be the shaft; kai'li in 701R and EV7 in 901). You can't go wrong with either head with the right shaft. Two of the best-looking, cleanest heads around and both pop the **** out of the ball.

As far as fade bias, I can't tell much diff between the two.

Cheeky question Bman.... do you have comparison pics of the 901 & 701

Thanks