2010 Burner TP Iron Review

gocchin

I had called the PRGR slightly larger than compact but next to the burner tp, the PRGR was actually shorter heel to toe but slightly taller at the toe.

Offset on both 7 irons was nearly identical which is a small amount of offset as you can see in the pictures.

Here is the PRGR offset which keep in mind was taken on a different day so is from a different distance and angle.

post-8383-1264038509.jpg

I had called the PRGR slightly larger than compact but next to the burner tp, the PRGR was actually shorter heel to toe but slightly taller at the toe.

Offset on both 7 irons was nearly identical which is a small amount of offset as you can see in the pictures.

Here is the PRGR offset which keep in mind was taken on a different day so is from a different distance and angle.

post-8383-1264038509.jpg

Thanks, Gocchin! :tsg_smiley_heart:

I've had a decent amount of time at the range with my Burner TP's now and I can honestly say these are without question the softest cast irons I've ever hit. They have a mid/high trajectory and very forgiving for a modern players cavityback. Keep in mind I'm hitting balls in a heated stall in conditions ranging from mid 30's to low 40's at best, I think it's impressive that they feel soft at all in these elements. As I've posted in the past the irons durability is a nice added benefit, been in the bag for weeks now and do not have a single ding or any bag chatter at all, I LIKE THAT! Interesting to note historically I am not a Taylormade fan at all but I must say this offering is impressive...BB

Edited by BigBen

I've had a decent amount of time at the range with my Burner TP's now and I can honestly say these are without question the softest cast irons I've ever hit. They have a mid/high trajectory and very forgiving for a modern players cavityback. Keep in mind I'm hitting balls in a heated stall in conditions ranging from mid 30's to low 40's at best, I think it's impressive that they feel soft at all in these elements. As I've posted in the past the irons durability is a nice added benefit, been in the bag for weeks now and do not have a single ding or any ball chatter at all, I LIKE THAT! Interesting to note historically I am not a Taylormade fan at all but I must say this offering is impressive...BB

Good to hear you like them. I have two questions. Do you see any advantages (or disadvantages) in distance with these irons? What is the feel/sound like with the 7-4 irons with the undercut?

To answer questions, distance appears to be on par if not a bit longer (seems like I spin this setup a hair more which is good!); feel seems identical as you work into the undercuts which has definitely not been the case for many of the irons in this category; I was surprised to be honest. Might have something to do with being cast vs forged; don't know. This was one of my concerns before I purchased these, I disliked the difference in feel as this category iron progessed into the cut-muscle, to me it seemed as if the if you where playing two totally different iron sets, not good. I have not experienced this at all with the Burner TP's; thank goodness!

Edited by BigBen

• 4 weeks later...

hi

Just wondering will i be able to order a set of the new Burner irons?

Live in europe so cant get them in ireland.

I`m am currently using R7 Tp 1" longer and 2" upright, will i be able

to get a custom set of burners soon on the site.

Hope you can help.

Derek

hi

Just wondering will i be able to order a set of the new Burner irons?

Live in europe so cant get them in ireland.

I`m am currently using R7 Tp 1" longer and 2" upright, will i be able

to get a custom set of burners soon on the site.

Hope you can help.

Derek

Hi Derek,

Yes you can and they are available now. Just go to the top of the screen and click on PRO SHOP HOME. Find the product and checkout sir.

If you have any issues just drop me a private message.

Hard to go wrong with the Nippons, at your swingspeed I think the S200's might feel a hair too stiff. It all depends on your tempo and transition, if it's fast then maybe not. I would think the Nippons would have a softer feel too. Sorry to thread jack! BB

BB is right. At 97mph, the 950GH would be easier to load and more forgiving for you. They will launch higher than the S200 and also provide slightly more distance.

If these irons are shafted with Nippons from the factory, would they be taper tips or parallel?

Great thing about Japanese clubs is they use taper unless they are graphite shafted.

Can anyone speak to the distance of the Burner TPs compared to the Burner Forged? Interested even if it is only comparing the demo irons that you may have received. Trying my best to formulate a decision between these two and the R9 Burner Forged without being able to hit any of them first. Thanks.