Vega Kyoei

backspinn76

hi guys,

I have a question reg the Vega RAF-CM blades, is there any difference between the blades with the Kyoei logo on and the ones that only says Vega RAF-CM in quality and performance? What year are they from?

Thanks

Backspinn76

Edited by backspinn76

Kyoei and Vega are separate companies. Kyoei is the manufacture. Vega uses open model Kyoei heads.

The Kyoei version is released under the factory name while Vega purchases the same models for their line up.

Hmm, I thought VEGA was Kyoeis "housebrand" much like Epon is to Endo? Vega is mainly marketed in Europe and in the US. The quality should be as good as the best stuff kyoei makes. And the 50th anniversary does NOT look lik an "open model" at all. I have a RAD-01 driver with tech VEGA bought from Makser, so that does is not some "open model" either for that matter. Now, I know TSG is not selling VEGA, but it does seem like Tourspecgolfer tried to give you the impression that VEGA is of somewhat inferior quality...? Which it surely is not.

This is directly from kyoeigolf.co.jp, under Home>Company information>Dear Overseas Golf Players!...Now why would they put up this on theis website when informing potential customers in Europe? Look at the web page at the bottom and the Adress "Vega house"...Two different companies hu? Dont think so..VEGA is Kyoeis premium brand in Europe and in the US. Every bit as good as anything else Kyoei makes.

Europe:

Professional Golf Europe Ltd

Vega House

19 Willow Rise, Sutton St Nicholas,

Hereford, Herefordshire

HR1 3DH

United Kingdom

Tel:+44-1432 880510

E-mail:[email protected]

URL:http://www.professionalgolfeurope.co.uk/

http://www.vega-golf.com/

Edited by Vegaman

I do see VEGA in the proshop. See this link: VEGA in TSG proshop

Tourspecgolfer knows the inside scoop with all brands and knows the guy in charge of Kyeoi. He knows what he's talking about like it or not.

Kyeoi manufactures many open model heads. Endo does not.

So the Epon brand is a separate entity than Endo. And VEGA is a separate entity than Kyeoi. That is correct, but it is highly likely that the VEGAs are open model because much of Kyeoi's manufacturing is open model based.

VEGA is owned by Kyoei. VEGA is Kyoeis own brand! Its a very well known fact. Otherwise, why would Kyoei have the Vega homepage as a link for people in Europe that wants Kyoei products? Its very difficult to find the full range of VEGA woods, irons, wedges, bags etc etc in Asia, that is because VEGA is the brand Kyoei uses to promote their products in Europe and in the US. If there is some "secret" inside info Tourspecgolfer sits on, I would very much like to know the answer to my previous posts. Im not gonna buy "He knows what he is talking about" when information from Kyoeis own website says otherwise.

Yeah, they are "seperate companies", I guess you mean like GM and Cadillac are seperate companies as well? TSG sells a few wedges from VEGA, Backspinn76 also asks wether there is any difference in quality and performance, and Tourspecgolfer insinuates (by not answering) that VEGA is some sort of component modifier, using open models from Kyoei. Not true. Kyoei just celebrated 50 years, and lo and behold Vega releases their 50th anniversay irons at the same time. What a funny coincidence, VEGA and Kyoei celebrating 50 years at the same time, these two "seperate" companies?

I would think that there are many compamies using the open models from kyoei that should be mentioned on KYOEIS OWN WEBSITE just like VEGA is under the Europe info section on th website? Why should Kyoei single out one "simple" open model company like VEGA otherwise?

Edited by Vegaman