Any Nippon Iron shaft experts?

TWshoot67

Well my question is I picked up a set of the NS Pro Super Peening Blue shafts and when they came I was looking at all the shafts and there pretty much all made in different years ranging from 2007 to 2010 which is stamped on the butt. Just wanted to know if it makes any difference? Thanks for any help, I know you guys here are the experts on Japanese equipment so i'm asking for a little knowledge. Thanks again, tim

Well my question is I picked up a set of the NS Pro Super Peening Blue shafts and when they came I was looking at all the shafts and there pretty much all made in different years ranging from 2007 to 2010 which is stamped on the butt. Just wanted to know if it makes any difference? Thanks for any help, I know you guys here are the experts on Japanese equipment so i'm asking for a little knowledge. Thanks again, tim

spoons ur man for this.

where did you get the set from? usually when i receive a set they are usually within 6 months of

each other but it is not uncommon to have those that have different years stamped on the butt.

quality will be the same. Nippon shafts have better tolerances compared to their american siblings

so i would not worry. what i suspect happened is further up the supply chain, their inventory system

was to place all 3 , 4, 5 iron shafts together and so on. when there is an order they just get from

the individualy compartmentalized iron bins and so on.

your fine :)

where did you get the set from? usually when i receive a set they are usually within 6 months of

each other but it is not uncommon to have those that have different years stamped on the butt.

quality will be the same. Nippon shafts have better tolerances compared to their american siblings

so i would not worry. what i suspect happened is further up the supply chain, their inventory system

was to place all 3 , 4, 5 iron shafts together and so on. when there is an order they just get from

the individualy compartmentalized iron bins and so on.

your fine :)

Since were on the subject of Nippon, Can someone give a little insight on the differences betwwen the SP red and orange models? I know the red is lighter but what else can be expected?

Right now I have a set of KBS black nickel stiff softstepped, one set of TT black gold reg, and the 950 in a S/R. The 950s are to flexible so i should have got the stiffs but thats is why I was considering the Super peening models. I am just trying to find the best shaft for my game and it seems to be a challenge. I have a smooth swing with a very late release putting lots of bend on my shafts. But when it comes to distance I only hit my 7 iron around 160yds.

Since were on the subject of Nippon, Can someone give a little insight on the differences betwwen the SP red and orange models? I know the red is lighter but what else can be expected?

Right now I have a set of KBS black nickel stiff softstepped, one set of TT black gold reg, and the 950 in a S/R. The 950s are to flexible so i should have got the stiffs but thats is why I was considering the Super peening models. I am just trying to find the best shaft for my game and it seems to be a challenge. I have a smooth swing with a very late release putting lots of bend on my shafts. But when it comes to distance I only hit my 7 iron around 160yds.

K,

I'm kind of in the same boat as you are with shaft selection. It'll come down to trying them out then weeding them out one by one via the process of elimination... I would suggest getting single shafts of the models that you're interested in to test out unless you have a fitter who has the shaft selection who can let you demo them.

From my experience of the Nippon 950s & now the 999s, a smoother swing like yours suits them very well although as Spoon mentioned, they do hold up well when you put an aggressive swing on them.

If you like the weight range of the 950s, why don't go up a step to the Stiffs.

K,

I'm kind of in the same boat as you are with shaft selection. It'll come down to trying them out then weeding them out one by one via the process of elimination... I would suggest getting single shafts of the models that you're interested in to test out unless you have a fitter who has the shaft selection who can let you demo them.

From my experience of the Nippon 950s & now the 999s, a smoother swing like yours suits them very well although as Spoon mentioned, they do hold up well when you put an aggressive swing on them.

If you like the weight range of the 950s, why don't go up a step to the Stiffs.

In trying the 950's compared to my other choices the 950's seem to be to light for me and no one around me carries nippon shafts.

i agree with fatman, try individual shafts first if you can. i have tried all the super peening models except the brown.

i actually gamed the super peening red in my epon 502s and i like them. aside from they are almost exactly the same

as the nspro 1150, but i give the edge to the 1150 in the feel department. the reds felt a bit stiff.

if you find the 950sr to be to flexible and on the lighter side, go try the 1050 or 1150. but these will be much lighter

than the kbs s and black gold regulars.

i agree with fatman, try individual shafts first if you can. i have tried all the super peening models except the brown.

i actually gamed the super peening red in my epon 502s and i like them. aside from they are almost exactly the same

as the nspro 1150, but i give the edge to the 1150 in the feel department. the reds felt a bit stiff.

if you find the 950sr to be to flexible and on the lighter side, go try the 1050 or 1150. but these will be much lighter

than the kbs s and black gold regulars.

the 1050 are awsome! mine are an x flex

i only learnd 2 nights ago after hitting all my shafts these are just too light

but the feel?

just perfectamundo can not recomend these enough.

i had mine sst pured and put them in my zone sprout irons, that is one hell of a combo.

JUST i prefer the heavier shafts now of the SP blue.

the step up to 1050 from 950 will be fine , ull get a tighter dispersion and a more stingy kick, flight is still high but they dont loose it and as i said yesterday the bad shot dispersion is vey good.

i went to the SP to bring my flight down and slow my tempo, both haveworked very well.

i hit my 7 short of 170 , 9 iron goes just short of 150. an the 1050 were spot on the money with these distannces.