3wood shaft???

Spoon

in short, getting a deep 3 wood for off the tee and long par5s, dissapointed with the teebox attributes of the egg, she will be relegated to a 5 wood!

eyeing the new 2011 inpres x v woods! now the big debacle is what to shaft it with?

im thinking quadra fex fw 75s or ozik f7m2.

love the ozik f6m2 in the egg but too light for me, flex is perfectomundo. now the quadra is proven in the driver but have zilch experience in their

FW line. which ya reckon i go for guys? dont have my wood yet but need to pull the the splinters troubling my mind.

quad or ozik?

in short, getting a deep 3 wood for off the tee and long par5s, dissapointed with the teebox attributes of the egg, she will be relegated to a 5 wood!

eyeing the new 2011 inpres x v woods! now the big debacle is what to shaft it with?

im thinking quadra fex fw 75s or ozik f7m2.

love the ozik f6m2 in the egg but too light for me, flex is perfectomundo. now the quadra is proven in the driver but have zilch experience in their

FW line. which ya reckon i go for guys? dont have my wood yet but need to pull the the splinters troubling my mind.

quad or ozik?

dont discount the crazys i got the 80FW in the epon ht and its one of the best, but it is only mid 70g, there is a new one thats 80 + grams think its called the sigma? FE would be awesome to, forget about the ozik......crazy and Quadra are far superior. Supo swears by the yamaha fw so it has to be good based on the fact hes just about hit everything:tsg_smiley_drool:

dont discount the crazys i got the 80FW in the epon ht and its one of the best, but it is only mid 70g, there is a new one thats 80 + grams think its called the sigma? FE would be awesome to, forget about the ozik......crazy and Quadra are far superior. Supo swears by the yamaha fw so it has to be good based on the fact hes just about hit everything:tsg_smiley_drool:

thanks skippercarey! will go for the quad. i dont really want to get into the crazies as it will open a whole pandoras box of experimentations:) i know

my limits and its mind boggling how many choices there are in the crazy line. i will defintely go with the crazy! thansk man

thanks skippercarey! will go for the quad. i dont really want to get into the crazies as it will open a whole pandoras box of experimentations:) i know

my limits and its mind boggling how many choices there are in the crazy line. i will defintely go with the crazy! thansk man

hhahhahhhahhahahahahhaha....,

crazy is the kahoona of fw shafts.

quadra launches higher but slings further .

th quadra feels better in FW yes different to drivers.

but the quadra is looser.well thats not good description,ah i just go it quadra is looser in the first 20 yardsoff the face then dead straight crazy is more workable weird., but thats what ive found in FW flex not cut down driver shafts theres a diference

Seeing as you like it in your driver than its going to be easier to match up the flex in the fairway.........good choice, i think stew has much the same setup. Allways wanted to try the FE FW, the driver shaft dispertion is so tight i could imagine it would be ideal in a 3 wood.

Seeing as you like it in your driver than its going to be easier to match up the flex in the fairway.........good choice, i think stew has much the same setup. Allways wanted to try the FE FW, the driver shaft dispertion is so tight i could imagine it would be ideal in a 3 wood.

heaving read my post again i actually meant i was going with the quadras. it makes the most sense since everything in the driver seems to work. i actually dont need a 3wood of the tee since the quadra is soo tight but having

one would be a good back up club. man the quads are amazing. will settle for the fe 75s.

• 4 months later...

I am resurrecting this thread, I never did end up getting the crazy or the quadra. I have however tried a plethora of shafts

Ranging from quattro md, ozik fm series, tour ad di, machine drev, fubuki alpha . Was that 5? They are all inadequAte. The

Best would be the gds in feel, dispersion goes to the ozik but surprisingly feels the the worst amongst the bunch. The drev

Even felt better.

Vie learned the hard expensive wAy. Why do I even bother I should have gotten the quadra FEX fw shaft from the very start. That

Will be the final experiment, I will not try any other shaft in my driver but quadra, why should it be different in the woods. Il have updates soon.

Stew, hey that f6m2 from your egg how would you compare that to a FEX fw 65s? I like

My wood shafts actually softer and about the same weight as my driver. Would you say the

65s would play stiffer than the f6m2? I'm a bit worried because at only 69 grams the cpm is

Coming out to 270. A bit stiff for a fw shaft.

Based on the tables of course and not real world experience. Let me know your thoughts as

I don't want this to be another futile shaft experiment

Good luck C, sounds like ur loving the proto so it makes sense to try this experiement. I found it hard to fill. Even the current one which I had proven to myself to be the best one I have owned, I still contemplated selling. I just don't practice with it & don't hit it enough during a round. And when you do pull it out, it's normally

Crunch time, & if u hit it bad then it's like ahhh your getting sold!! Only to come back next game & give me 3 birdies.. Fun of golf.

Good luck C, sounds like ur loving the proto so it makes sense to try this experiement. I found it hard to fill. Even the current one which I had proven to myself to be the best one I have owned, I still contemplated selling. I just don't practice with it & don't hit it enough during a round. And when you do pull it out, it's normally

Crunch time, & if u hit it bad then it's like ahhh your getting sold!! Only to come back next game & give me 3 birdies.. Fun of golf.

Yeah the 3wood is your best friend but can be your enemy when you least

Expect it. I think this particular culprit is the shaft. I think id prefer a low mid kick shaft to get the

Ball airborne quicker. Today I had one good shot with it, I was so OFF that I used my 22 driving iron for second

Shots on long par 3s and tight par 4s.

Wouldnhave used my rc20 ute but don't have it yet.

Expect it. I think this particular culprit is the shaft. I think id prefer a low mid kick shaft to get the

Ball airborne quicker. Today I had one good shot with it, I was so OFF that I used my 22 driving iron for second

and the RC DB arrives same time? :tsg_smiley_secret:

• 2 weeks later...

Skip, read my post about the FEX vs FEX proto, I'm going heavier w the 75s.

That leaves a problem with the fw woods. I like my woods softer feeling and have a

Higher launch, pref tip soft to get the ball airborne quick. High launch low spin my preference although

I can live w mid spin. The oziks are out coz they feel like glass poles. Brittly low launch monsters but not

My vup of chai!

Thinking quad f75s but worried about the cpm of 270. As the proto 75s which I intend for my driver is 265tops.

And as I said I like em fluffier to aid in launch. Based on my spec requirement, the DI and DJ are the only ones

That fit the criteria. Care to comment?

I've decided to o with either a ping g15 4w or k15 for the time being or until the next big shallow jdm wood comes along.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys just to update, have tries the f7m2 and was the worst feeling of the bunch, was heavy and stout

Very glassy and found the low launch mid high kick too much to handle and I felt I could not load it

Properly with my tempo.

The fire express was alright, no bells and whistles like their driver shaft offerings, find that their fw shafts

Are mediocre considering the price points. I guess I am the only one that thinks this. Value is relative but

IMHO their are better performing shafts at half the price.

I felt that the best feeling ones were the graphite designs. They are smooth feeling superb driver shafts.

I briefly tried an md6 but found it too light, if I gone up to md7 wouldn't have solved the prob as it's still relatively

Mid launch mid spin, similar to the f6m2 but miles ahead in the feel department.

Graphite design tour ad di, very very good probably the 2nd best around, nice smooth smooth feel , launch is not

As high as you think, orthose getting too high a flight your using too weak a flex, traj should be boring. Got tons

Of rollout which is good for me but may not what you want when attacking pin.

The winner, old faithful quattro green. Feels like the friendlier buddy of the DI yet more stable. Playing the 75s

W a cpm of280 but feels loads happier than any ofbthe above shafts w the exception of the Di.

So here you have it, sometimes newer not necessarily the best. I had this same shaft in an epon 201 back in 07, I've

Forgotten how good it feels.

I have used that C and i liked that shaft. Had the ilima 80s did not work out, that was also my fall back shaft.

I totally agree about the importance of the 3 wood, and it's sometimes fickle nature. My own alternative is an 18* 5 wood that I find very useful.

Shambles

Having a reliable 18* hybrid for me was key until i found the current 3w.

If the 3w off then back to the hb but when it's on then it opens more scoring opportunities with par 5s

3w was on fire today used int many times , had less confidence w my driver for some reason, was getting a lot

Of left side attention, come to think of it I think I find the flex a bit loose, I should have tip trimmed it .5! Ah that's

Water under the bridge! Maybe go down to 44.5 since it's a smaller driver head. Yes that could work indeed. Cpm is

A shade under 270. Would prefer something in the 277 range at this point. Hmmm p9003

W8 til 1 more round C. Mite just be an off day since u been hitting it gr8 b4.

W8 til 1 more round C. Mite just be an off day since u been hitting it gr8 b4.

Gained more distance with my irons, finding my 3, 4 ii shafts loose

As well. Have them w my hybrid 950hts. May go get them swapped with the

Original modus 3 like the rest of the set.

As for the 9003 I actually find it on the lighter side, it's around 68 grams trimmed

So the p9003 looking ever so tempting. Maybe on September.

I attribute this change to my pt post injury