Epon Golf AF-152 & AF-702 Coming Soon

• 2 weeks later...

i have shafted two sets already, i will post pics, watched one of my guys hit it in the range and there are significant differences compared to the 701. will post feedback next week.

The finish in the cavity of the iron looks totally bad! The lines between different shades/colours are illdefined, making it look like some sort of rejected example. Whats going on?

The finish in the cavity of the iron looks totally bad! The lines between different shades/colours are illdefined, making it look like some sort of rejected example. Whats going on?

are you basing it on pics? i have the actual heads and they are not bad. they look better in

person and the cavity is a greyish satin almost bead blasted, lots of grain and texture and everything

else is dull satin with the exception of the center of mass in the cavity which is shinier.

i find this to be better looking and better made compared to the 701.

are you basing it on pics? i have the actual heads and they are not bad. they look better in

person and the cavity is a greyish satin almost bead blasted, lots of grain and texture and everything

else is dull satin with the exception of the center of mass in the cavity which is shinier.

i find this to be better looking and better made compared to the 701.

Yes, based on the photos here I mean. Take a look at the first and second last photo, just to the right of the "2" in 702, at the edge it looks like some serrated edge/tear at the edge of the cavity. Right where the dark grey metal meets the lighter coloured one. I know Epon is famous for their high standards when it comes to fit and finish, but for a person with no experience of JDM/Epon the finish of the irons in these photos is not good adverstising.

Edited by Vegaman

this may help:)

In layman's terms please. :) All I'm deciphering from the graph is that it is a higher trajectory version of the 151...

Or I can wait a little longer for the video review to be posted (no pressure tsg_smilie_smile2.gif)...

here are pics of my dads 702s. ive inspected the heads and they are fine with me.

the delineation of the ridges in the cavity are fine and done tastefully in my opinion.

they have a natural progression that just adds depth. no quality issues for me

post-10550-049188300 1300767249.jpg

post-10550-051477500 1300767566.jpg

here are pics of my dads 702s. ive inspected the heads and they are fine with me.

the delineation of the ridges in the cavity are fine and done tastefully in my opinion.

they have a natural progression that just adds depth. no quality issues for me

Yep, those look really clean, much better than the first photos. Maybe they were prototypes or something. But I hope you, or anyone, can see what I mean in the original pics?

Yep, those look really clean, much better than the first photos. Maybe they were prototypes or something. But I hope you, or anyone, can see what I mean in the original pics?

The first photos were of demo 7 iron heads, i have the same thing and rest assured they are as good as the rest of the irons i have.

probably just the play of light.

I took another look and to be totally honest the one I have does have the issue vegaman pointed out. Yes it was an prototype and im positive that the retails are flawless as usual by Epon.

I took another look and to be totally honest the one I have does have the issue vegaman pointed out. Yes it was an prototype and im positive that the retails are flawless as usual by Epon.

thanks for clearing that up chris! the 7i demo head i have probably came from the regular production line as its flawless.

Currently playing the 502s and they are great. Thinking of adding a 702 4 for added forgiveness.

Will the 702 look close enough from address to mix with the 502s? How much additional offset is in the 702s over the 502s?

Thanks,

Brad

brad it will be a good addition trust me. i added a 4iron 702 to my existing 5-7 502, 8-pw 302 combo set.

the offset although noticeable is not a factor for me especially in a 4 iron. the 702 will get the ball up quicker

and is easier to hit especially of the rough. you will enjoy it.