Now with full speed video - 140mph swing speed/221mph ball speed

Mjr. D

Had my second lesson at GolfTec Santa Barbara today and after the lesson, I hung around and took some hacks. I started getting back to the gym this past week so my body is very sore, as are my forearms from a grip strengthening program I just began. So yes, what I'm saying is that i'm not at 100% but I still managed to get the club head speed up to 140mph and my ball speed up to 221mph, with a 45.5 inch club.

I asked both instructors how accurate their camera's analyzer device thing is and they told me: "Ball speed and swing speed are extremely accurate, distance ...uh, not as much, because it uses an algorithm to calculate distance, where as club head speed and ball speed are read based on real time something, something".

Anyway, don't look at the swing (or the hideous face angle at impact), all that's a work in progress. Just thought you guys would be interested in seeing what it looks like swinging a club at this kind of speed, while in slow motion. And to brag a little bit... to be honest.

Edited by Mjr. Diarrhea

I'm trying to get the pictures to upload and the video but the god damn thing is a piece of s**t.

Seriously, what the hell's the matter with this thing?

Here, I uploaded it to youtube. Still can't the pictures up, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EjcsE-CKwE

Oh, I swing like that ..... on regular speed and not slow motsg_smiley_crazy.gif

i wish i had some of your speed! if you can take a video with normal speed we would all appreciate it.

thanks for posting.

BTW jamie actually has a very smooth swing when he hits other than the driver and 3 wood

Pure swing speed between us would be close, however, he looks a hell of a lot better doing it, could destroy me in a round of golf and his consistency with the long drive club is obviously not even a contest. I'm a work in progress. But, you have to start somewhere.

And I agree, he has a nice looking swing with his irons.

Here's some footage I took tonight in full speed. It was 1am and I'm in bare feet here, so it's a little bizarre. I'll try to take some footage outdoors, maybe tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A39S7u1RW4Q

Here's some footage I took tonight in full speed. It was 1am and I'm in bare feet here, so it's a little bizarre. I'll try to take some footage outdoors, maybe tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A39S7u1RW4Q

My golf Pro always said you can hit the ball better in bare feet, I never believed him untill now!

Nice Swoosh! But it looks like you gonna break the shaft around your back in the follow thruogh..Maybe turn more to a fuller finish?

Holy cow, that's most likely a ridiculous swing speed here!

Hahah, no I don't swing that hard during a round. It takes about 12 -15 warm up swings to get up to that level. I don't hit the range before I play very often (need to start) so i'm usually ice cold on the first tee, and by the time I tee off for the next hole, it's too long of a wait to really get loose.

Nice Swoosh! But it looks like you gonna break the shaft around your back in the follow thruogh..Maybe turn more to a fuller finish?

Ya I definitely agree with you. My finish looks disgusting.

Lol you look sleepy as he'll. Youl probably have more speed in the afternoon .

Nice video. Highly doubt il be getting any of your shafts in the fs section hehe

Ya I definitely agree with you. My finish looks disgusting.

Hey, not disgusting! Just looks like you stop up and dont let the body (and head) flow to a higher, more natural finish..Hence the dangerous (for the shaft) bounce off your back. You turn really excellently through the ball, I stopped the video at impact, and its looks great. I guess just let the weight of the shaft throw your arms out front and continue that great turn to the finish.

Note! Im not an expert, play to a 10 hcp, dont swing as good as you do and just say what I think I see..